The Student Room Group

Very low UKCAT Score

I got BAND 4 ON SITUATIONAL JUDGEMENT. 620 on QR, 560 AR, 540 VR. This is really really bad i know but is there any universities out there that might still consider my application?
Original post by Roman hang Limbu
I got BAND 4 ON SITUATIONAL JUDGEMENT. 620 on QR, 560 AR, 540 VR. This is really really bad i know but is there any universities out there that might still consider my application?

I think Bristol is the only one medical school left which do not look at the UKCAT in UK. Also BMAT could be your another option?
Original post by Timewilltellu
I think Bristol is the only one medical school left which do not look at the UKCAT in UK. Also BMAT could be your another option?

Would universities just ignore my application because of my UKCAT score even if i got the grade requirements in A-LEVEL? Also how do i apply for BMAT? I Cant seem to find the registration site.
Would universities just ignore my application because of my UKCAT score even if i got the grade requirements in A-LEVEL? Also how do i apply for BMAT? I Cant seem to find the registration site.

Well, you would need to apply to universities that only consider the UKCAT as a last resort. Here are a couple:

Bristol don't really consider your UKCAT score (they focus far more heavily on personal statement). Your UKCAT Score will only count towards around 10% of your application.

Cardiff only use the UKCAT in a tie-break situation. However, they normally take applicants with at least 5 A* grades at GCSE, so you need to have really good grades to back yourself up.

You can check out this blog: where to apply with a low UKCAT score.

Other than that, the BMAT official website can be found here!

You should definitely start preparing now, as the BMAT exam occurs on the 2nd of November!

Hope you find the above useful,
The Medic Portal
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Timewilltellu

Even Bristol look at the UKCAT now - there isn't a single Medical School in England/Scotland now which don't look at an entry test.
Reply 5

I think the really big warning sign is the band 4 on situational judgement, a uni that sees that will be like what the... I remember on UKCAT Ninja it said the SJT section should be okay as long as you're not a psychopath lmao all you need to do it is brush up on med ethics :/
Original post by medhelp
I think the really big warning sign is the band 4 on situational judgement, a uni that sees that will be like what the... I remember on UKCAT Ninja it said the SJT section should be okay as long as you're not a psychopath lmao all you need to do it is brush up on med ethics :/

Here is the thing tho i used to get Band 1 and Band 2 every single time when i did situational judgement in mocks. Band 4 really doesn't reflect my judgement skills. But of course Unis aren't going consider this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending