The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PerplexingGeode
Yes, it was dubbed the 'Big Freeze' and concealed virtually all landmass in the UK with snow, as depicted in a satellite view of Earth during the winter of 2009-10. Oh dear! I understand why the taxi would not have been able to reach you; in vast amounts of snow, the tyre traction is reduced - therefore making driving dangerous in any vehicle; however, 4x4 vehicles are more likely to fare better in the snow! Walking to school was treacherous, like the Sherbet Land level on Mario Kart 64! :biggrin:

Now you mention that, I think I remember that one! I don't remember the satellite view, though I remember that it was rather bad, to say the least. I don't think it was safe for any vehicle to make any drive in and out of our street - I remember us having to get the shovels out and try to dig through the snow and ice, to get a sort of "path" made for drivers to get in and out of the street safely! It's a bit like the Rainbow Road course on Mario Kart DS - very treacherous indeed!

Yes, that is true - I am an avid snow fanatic, thus I will always be optimistic for snow, despite normally being a pessimist! We may well have an unpredictable winter, I think that the forecasters are not sure exactly how this winter is going to pan out. I am always hoping for vast amounts of snowfall, of course - you already know that by now! :wink:

I know you are, although I haven't been wishing for much snow at all over the last 3 years, due to travel arrangements! However, if snow befell us this year, it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Yes, there are various contributory factors, such as ice cover, ice melt, sunspot activity, the phase of which we are in with regards to the sun, such as the Dalton or Maunder minimum, temperatures in the Atlantic Ocean, positioning of the jetstream, the QBO phase, etc; with so many influencing factors, this is what makes forecasting long term, so difficult.

:moon:

Wow, now I can see why the forecasts always keep changing, in regards to winter and/or summer predictions! I think the best way is to take it day by day and see if we get any rain, snow, ice, warmth etc! :tongue:

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by spotify95
No worries :heart: (Btw, instead of manually typing the heart symbol in, you can use the :heart: emoticon instead. :smile:)

I'm okay, thanks for asking. Just doing a few things at the moment :smile:

You do realize that the user you replied to is pinkteddyx64, right? :tongue:

:heart: Yep, that is fundamentally true - however, I could also use the BB coding means? :smile:

Awesome, that is excellent to hear! ^-^

Oh...

Hi, yep im fine!

@ZigZigRacoon was pink teddy...

@PerplexingGeode is nothing to do with PT, they're a friend that I recommended this site to :smile:

Glad to hear it! :biggrin:

Thought so

Ahh I see, that's awesome! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:heart: Yep, that is fundamentally true - however, I could also use the BB coding means? :smile:

Awesome, that is excellent to hear! ^-^

Oh...

I don't know if this board supports BB or not - if it does, then I suppose you could use that. Though you might as well use the TSR list of emoticons :smile:

Nevermind... you now know!

Now you mention that, I think I remember that one! I don't remember the satellite view, though I remember that it was rather bad, to say the least. I don't think it was safe for any vehicle to make any drive in and out of our street - I remember us having to get the shovels out and try to dig through the snow and ice, to get a sort of "path" made for drivers to get in and out of the street safely! It's a bit like the Rainbow Road course on Mario Kart DS - very treacherous indeed!

I know you are, although I haven't been wishing for much snow at all over the last 3 years, due to travel arrangements! However, if snow befell us this year, it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Wow, now I can see why the forecasts always keep changing, in regards to winter and/or summer predictions! I think the best way is to take it day by day and see if we get any rain, snow, ice, warmth etc! :tongue:

That sounds like good community spirit within your street! Likewise, a neighbour accidentally damaged one of the wheels of his car; due to the slippery and treacherous weather conditions! You are certainly correct about that -
Rainbow Road can be a frustrating level to complete at times!

Yes, that is very true, you are no longer required to commute for studies! :smile:

Correct, weather is very uncertain and despite advancing forecast technology, the accuracy of weather forecasting is not exact. :tongue:

I don't know if this board supports BB or not - if it does, then I suppose you could use that. Though you might as well use the TSR list of emoticons :smile:

Nevermind... you now know!

It certainly does support BB coding, as I used the BB coding format towards the heart emoticon! :wink:

:heart:

(edited 7 years ago)

@ZigZigRacoon was pink teddy...

@PerplexingGeode is nothing to do with PT, they're a friend that I recommended this site to :smile:
Ah! I see...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Matrix123
Glad to hear it! :biggrin:

Thought so

Ahh I see, that's awesome! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, and yep it is awesome :smile:

How are you today? :smile:

(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest