The Student Room Group

Article: What excites you the most about starting uni?

After the success of our golden threads this summer we have written this article on what people are most excited about for starting uni

Check out the top ten answers and let us know which one you would pick :h::h:
It really does develop you as much as you want it to. And you meet some 'interesting' people :tongue:
Hi guys,

Thanks for contributing to our golden thread this summer - you also made it onto our new article!

How are things going? Have you started yet? Still excited.....?

@ayemariec @Elastichedgehog @Tsrsarahhhh @KieranRundle @chardy19 @Amefish @BB8 @Bewardy98 @bs15x_esther @BethanyC23 @moeshaaodonkorr @LucyRose31 @Div7698 @rachleah @Bubbles198 @ishb_ @xxaniikaaxx @imjustnotnormal @AnaSaid
Original post by Alisaurus Cats
Hi guys,

Thanks for contributing to our golden thread this summer - you also made it onto our new article!

Thank you for featuring me! Still very much excited! Joined my subjects Group Chat where we're all starting to get to know eachother! :h:
Hi guys,

@ayemariec @Elastichedgehog @Tsrsarahhhh @KieranRundle @chardy19 @Amefish @BB8 @Bewardy98 @bs15x_esther @BethanyC23@moeshaaodonkorr @LucyRose31 @Div7698 @rachleah @Bubbles198 @ishb_ @xxaniikaaxx @imjustnotnormal @AnaSaid

Thanks for featuring me! I'm in university now, the independence is nice :h: I'm starting to feel a little homesick though
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KieranRundle
Thank you for featuring me! Still very much excited! Joined my subjects Group Chat where we're all starting to get to know eachother! :h:

Yay, great news! What are you studying?
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Thanks for featuring me! I'm in university now, the independence is nice :h: I'm starting to feel a little homesick though

Glad to hear you're enjoying uni and I'm sure you hear this from everyone but most people go through the same thing.

I remember turning up to find out I had been put in the staff block at my halls and I was so upset AND homesick. I eventually managed to meet a good group of people and then absolutely loved uni so fingers crossed you experience the same :h::h:
Reply 7
Hi guys,

@ayemariec @Elastichedgehog @Tsrsarahhhh @KieranRundle @chardy19 @Amefish @BB8 @Bewardy98 @bs15x_esther @BethanyC23 @moeshaaodonkorr @LucyRose31 @Div7698 @rachleah @Bubbles198 @ishb_ @xxaniikaaxx @imjustnotnormal @AnaSaid

Thanks for featuring me! :biggrin: I love it here, it is lovely and peaceful. People here are also really friendly. Yet, sometimes, I miss home a bit.
Original post by ishb_
Thanks for featuring me! :biggrin: I love it here, it is lovely and peaceful. People here are also really friendly. Yet, sometimes, I miss home a bit.

That's so good to hear. Glad it's going well for you :smile:

Where are you going to uni? Intrigued by it being peaceful!
Yay, great news! What are you studying?

Digital Television Production - as a TV Buff and seeing the people I'm gonna be sharing classes with, I'm so excited to start!
Digital Television Production - as a TV Buff and seeing the people I'm gonna be sharing classes with, I'm so excited to start!

That sounds amazing!!

Do you get to go to any sets/studios etc?
That sounds amazing!!

Do you get to go to any sets/studios etc?

Yeah! My uni has it's own dedicated studio for TV/film production students to make use of with Green Screens and the whole sha-bang!
Reply 12
That's so good to hear. Glad it's going well for you :smile:

Where are you going to uni? Intrigued by it being peaceful!

Aww thanks for that.
I am going to University of Kent. It is not extremely tranquil here, but the city and the campus are so peaceful.
Yeah! My uni has it's own dedicated studio for TV/film production students to make use of with Green Screens and the whole sha-bang!

Jealousssss

Your course sounds so good!

I did drama at uni and there were still building the theatre when I was there so we just had a....hall thing.
Original post by ishb_
Aww thanks for that.
I am going to University of Kent. It is not extremely tranquil here, but the city and the campus are so peaceful.

I had a friend who went there and they said the same kind of thing actually. What are you studying? :smile:
Reply 15
I had a friend who went there and they said the same kind of thing actually. What are you studying? :smile:

Aww yeah, I met lots of people here and they seem to enjoy the fun and peacefulness of the university. I am a Business student, but taking a top-up degree. So this is my first and final year here.
Original post by ishb_
Aww yeah, I met lots of people here and they seem to enjoy the fun and peacefulness of the university. I am a Business student, but taking a top-up degree. So this is my first and final year here.

Oh that's interesting....what did you study previously? What made you pick this uni?
Reply 17
Oh that's interesting....what did you study previously? What made you pick this uni?

I had my HND in Business before. I kinda stumbled upon choices before, but what made me opted for Kent is because of their availability of top-up course and rather popular rank in the league table.
Original post by ishb_
I had my HND in Business before. I kinda stumbled upon choices before, but what made me opted for Kent is because of their availability of top-up course and rather popular rank in the league table.

Ah that makes sense. Well I hope you enjoy this year!
Reply 19
Ah that makes sense. Well I hope you enjoy this year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending