The Student Room Group

Please help me out here and tell me what to do :(

I met this guy online, we matched and I started the conversation. Initially he was so late with replies that I thought he didn't like me but it was because he was on holiday. He told me once he's backhe'll give me his full attention. Which made me happy and I think I liked him quite a bit.

But the thing is he spoke.. Oddly on there, can't explain but the language he used was just very, old school. So he asked me out on a date and I said yes straight away and was so happy but then the way he spoke freaked me out and I started over thinking things and showed the convo to 2 of my friends who were both like WTF is this guy what a weirdo.

One of my friends said I should still go on the date as an experience but the other was like I really wouldn't because he sounds odd.

By this point I was vomitting everytime I even thought of going on the date because I became anxious and I lost my appetite completely.

Anyway so I cancelled the date and told him I was busy and not looking for anything so I'll be deleting that dating app account as well and deleted it. Before that he'd asked for my insta and I'd given it.

I regret this because at the time I was fine and actually relieved to be not going on the date but it's been a week since and now I miss talking to him so much.

The only thing I have him on is insta but I can hardly message him on there now can I? Ive found his Twitter from years ago and have been on it constantly because it feels like that's the only thing I have left.

I'm going back to the city he lives in this Thursday because that's where my uni is. I miss him which is weird cos I don't know him that well and have never met him.
what do I do about him???
Reply 1
Try using paragraphs, that may help.

Why don't you try messaging him to see if he responds and take it from there?
Reply 2
Original post by Ishax
Try using paragraphs, that may help.

Why don't you try messaging him to see if he responds and take it from there?

I can't edit this post cos I posted anonymously :frown: do you think I'll be allowed to post it again and add paragraphs?
What is it that you like about him?
All that cus he typed differently to you. lol
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I can't edit this post cos I posted anonymously :frown: do you think I'll be allowed to post it again and add paragraphs?

Just add the post as a comment to me so I can read it and help you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ChickenMadness
All that cus he typed differently to you. lol

He spoke oddly, I can't explain and I don't want to copy and paste what he wrote into a public forum in case he sees and realises it's him... I can PM you if you want what he said... Or how he spoke.
He spoke oddly, I can't explain and I don't want to copy and paste what he wrote into a public forum in case he sees and realises it's him... I can PM you if you want what he said... Or how he spoke.

ye sure go ahead and pm.
Reply 8
Original post by IcEmAn911
What is it that you like about him?

I'm not sure even I can't put my finger on it, I don't understand why I've become so attached to this guy, I don't see the logic behind it. Appearance wise he's good looking but it can't just be that. He's smart and has a lot of knowledge about politics and we shared a hobby that he used to do... He usually lives in another European country and does diving and things over there, his life is more exciting over there
Reply 9
Stop talking like this. It's really annoying

You made a mistake but I think you've talked yourself out of it and regret it now. You always have to be sure you want to date or you're just doing it for the sake of it. Time to move on, stop pining for the same guy and next time don't let your friends influence your decision not to go on a date.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
Just add the post as a comment to me so I can read it and help you :smile:

Ok edited OP

I met this guy online, we matched and I started the conversation. Initially he was so late with replies that I thought he didn't like me but it was because he was on holiday. He told me once he's backhe'll give me his full attention. Which made me happy and I think I liked him quite a bit.

But the thing is he spoke.. Oddly on there, can't explain but the language he used was just very, old school. So he asked me out on a date and I said yes straight away and was so happy but then the way he spoke freaked me out and I started over thinking things and showed the convo to 2 of my friends who were both like WTF is this guy what a weirdo.

One of my friends said I should still go on the date as an experience but the other was like I really wouldn't because he sounds odd.

By this point I was vomitting everytime I even thought of going on the date because I became anxious and I lost my appetite completely.

Anyway so I cancelled the date and told him I was busy and not looking for anything so I'll be deleting that dating app account as well and deleted it. Before that he'd asked for my insta and I'd given it.

I regret this because at the time I was fine and actually relieved to be not going on the date but it's been a week since and now I miss talking to him so much.

The only thing I have him on is insta but I can hardly message him on there now can I? Ive found his Twitter from years ago and have been on it constantly because it feels like that's the only thing I have left.

I'm going back to the city he lives in this Thursday because that's where my uni is. I miss him which is weird cos I don't know him that well and have never met him.
I met this guy online, we matched and I started the conversation. Initially he was so late with replies that I thought he didn't like me but it was because he was on holiday. He told me once he's backhe'll give me his full attention. Which made me happy and I think I liked him quite a bit but thing is he spoke.. Oddly on there, can't explain but the language he used was just very, old school. So he asked me out on a date and I said yes straight away and was so happy but then the way he spoke freaked me out and I started over thinking things and showed the convo to 2 of my friends who were both like WTF is this guy what a weirdo. One of my friends said I should still go on the date as an experience but the other was like I really wouldn't because he sounds odd. By this point I was vomitting everytime I even thought of going on the date because I became anxious and I lost my appetite completely. Anyway so I cancelled the date and told him I was busy and not looking for anything so I'll be deleting that dating app account as well and deleted it. Before that he'd asked for my insta and I'd given it. I regret this because at the time I was fine and actually relieved to be not going on the date but it's been a week since and now I miss talking to him so much. The only thing I have him on is insta but I can hardly message him on there now can I? Ive found his Twitter from years ago and have been on it constantly because it feels like that's the only thing I have left. I'm going back to the city he lives in this Thursday because that's where my uni is. I miss him which is weird cos I don't know him that well and have never met him.

hey can you pm what he said thanks.
Ok edited OP

I think you should message him and see where it goes so you know where you stand. Otherwise, you will always be left curious.

If he asks why you cancelled the date, say you got nervous which you did.
Original post by Ishax
I think you should message him and see where it goes so you know where you stand. Otherwise, you will always be left curious.

If he asks why you cancelled the date, say you got nervous which you did.

He'll think I'm odd if I tell him I got nervous!

Original post by UWS
Stop talking like this. It's really annoying

You made a mistake but I think you've talked yourself out of it and regret it now. You always have to be sure you want to date or you're just doing it for the sake of it. Time to move on, stop pining for the same guy and next time don't let your friends influence your decision not to go on a date.

I know it's so bad :frown: I kept going through phases where I wanted to date him then I did then I didn't again and you're right next time I shouldn't :frown: I just really want him back what shall I do
He'll think I'm odd if I tell him I got nervous!

Everyone gets nervous, it's fine :smile:
Bump
Op remember me.

I gave you solid advice and you have not taken it
op you wasted my time and I think you're slightly strange.

Infact, I think you're stranger than him. He isn't damn interested in you. Stop being so clingy.

You messaged him first on tinder, says it all.
Original post by heretohelp123
hey can you pm what he said thanks.

Dont bother

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending