The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

University of Sussex Fresher Bedroom Bound

Scroll to see replies

Trying to get daughter to go to Room 76 for geek night... Need someone to call for her and force her out of PJs to go and admit that she can have fun without holing herself up
Its almost now like she is using as a badge of honour, its killing me tbh
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
Yeah sitting in my room all day has been getting boring during freshers
Original post by ll232
Yeah sitting in my room all day has been getting boring during freshers

Just curious as i do not live on campus but havent you attended any events with housemates?
Reply 23
Original post by OverSoul124
Just curious as i do not live on campus but havent you attended any events with housemates?

My flatmates currently have friends/people that live on campus or around brighton, so they are typically hanging out with current friends, I do speak to them, and they are nice, but they already have groups of friends as they have been on foundation years (so have I, but my foundation year friends have either left, or I wasn't very close to them).
Original post by ll232
My flatmates currently have friends/people that live on campus or around brighton, so they are typically hanging out with current friends, I do speak to them, and they are nice, but they already have groups of friends as they have been on foundation years (so have I, but my foundation year friends have either left, or I wasn't very close to them).

Ahh im currently starting my foundation year! What foundation year did you do and what course are you starting now? :smile:
I live with my boyfriend where i pay little rent to stay at his house so i live at home off campus thus havent really had a chance to make any friends yet. But hopefully once teaching starts and i go to societies ill make friends :s
Reply 25
Ahh im currently starting my foundation year! What foundation year did you do and what course are you starting now? :smile:
I live with my boyfriend where i pay little rent to stay at his house so i live at home off campus thus havent really had a chance to make any friends yet. But hopefully once teaching starts and i go to societies ill make friends :s

I did the computer science foundation year, was quite good.
Original post by ll232
I did the computer science foundation year, was quite good.

Ahh what course are you doing now? :smile:
Reply 27
Ahh what course are you doing now? :smile:

Still doing computer science, first year now :smile:
Original post by ll232
Still doing computer science, first year now :smile:

Ooo! Thats cool :smile: how have you got on this week?
Reply 29
Ooo! Thats cool :smile: how have you got on this week?

Only had a couple lectures so far, have enjoyed it, much bigger class than the foundation. Haven't had to much to do in the past week though, which has been a bit boring, but will hopefully change.

Assuming you started to do, how having you been finding the start of university life?
I feel exactly the same, I haven't really bonded with my flatmates the way I hoped I would :frown: I don't want to go out every night like most of the people I know do, and it makes me feel really alone :s-smilie:
Original post by lottie_19
I feel exactly the same, I haven't really bonded with my flatmates the way I hoped I would :frown: I don't want to go out every night like most of the people I know do, and it makes me feel really alone :s-smilie:

i feel exactly the same :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32

It does suck a bit, but hopefully we can all makes friends on our courses or something, last year I did not and get very lonely towards the end of the year, this year hopefully I can make some friends to go out with etc. Don't want to spend this year the same. Good luck on your course!
Original post by ll232
It does suck a bit, but hopefully we can all makes friends on our courses or something, last year I did not and get very lonely towards the end of the year, this year hopefully I can make some friends to go out with etc. Don't want to spend this year the same. Good luck on your course!

You lot need to sort out a coffee evening in the library or something.
Just to put faces to names for an hour or so.
:top:
Original post by Colinj451
You lot need to sort out a coffee evening in the library or something.
Just to put faces to names for an hour or so.
:top:

I think that is definitely a good idea:biggrin: anyone who fancies meeting up for a coffee message me so we can sort something out!
Original post by ll232
Only had a couple lectures so far, have enjoyed it, much bigger class than the foundation. Haven't had to much to do in the past week though, which has been a bit boring, but will hopefully change.

Assuming you started to do, how having you been finding the start of university life?

Its quite nice, i like my lectures (well obviously haha) and im quite happy with elective seminar class as we all got on well with eachother the first class :smile: Ive made some friends I guess from like photosoc and someone ive met before was in my elective class so it was good to see a familiar face but i havent properly hung out with anyone yet, have you found anyone to hang out with? :tongue:

I feel that, a lot of people seem to already have large groups to hang out with; its quite intimidating, what course are you doing?
Reply 37
Its quite nice, i like my lectures (well obviously haha) and im quite happy with elective seminar class as we all got on well with eachother the first class :smile: Ive made some friends I guess from like photosoc and someone ive met before was in my elective class so it was good to see a familiar face but i havent properly hung out with anyone yet, have you found anyone to hang out with? :tongue:

Haven't really found anyone to hangout with, but I am friendly with some people and do say hi to them when i see them. It good to hear you are making friends :smile: , would be nice to have a group of a few friends to just hang out with, and do some things with. I do still enjoy the independent life style of university, would just be a bit more fun with a friendship group or people to just talk to etc.
I feel that, a lot of people seem to already have large groups to hang out with; its quite intimidating, what course are you doing?

I totally agree, it feels like everyone has made huge groups of friends already and i haven't! I'm doing Drama and English, you?
Reply 39
I totally agree, it feels like everyone has made huge groups of friends already and i haven't! I'm doing Drama and English, you?

I am studying Computer science, hopefully there will still be people who are looking for friends :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest