The Student Room Group

How should I get 4 A*s?

Hello TSR!
I was just wondering whether you guys could help me or not?:smile:
I am doing English, History, Economics and French, but I am already behind on some work:/ How should I get A*s in my subjects please?
I really want to get good A-Levels, but I don't really know what I hsould be doing!
Thank you!
Duck
Reply 1
Original post by Duck10101
Hello TSR!
I was just wondering whether you guys could help me or not?:smile:
I am doing English, History, Economics and French, but I am already behind on some work:/ How should I get A*s in my subjects please?
I really want to get good A-Levels, but I don't really know what I hsould be doing!
Thank you!
Duck

have you just started in year 12 or 13..?
Reply 2
Original post by dentfr8
have you just started in year 12 or 13..?

sorry in year 12.
Reply 3
sorry in year 12.

okay. ive just started year 13 and ill say its totally normal to be a little behind or overwhelmed at first. if you dont mind me asking, what are your target grades/gcses?

to be honest, first concentrate on doing everything you need to do. i know youve probably heard this before, but organisation is so important if youre going for top grades. also persistence, with any thing you dont understand. I did english literature, french, biology and chemistry last year but ive dropped english to keep as an AS. French is all about the practice. go over vocab, listening, and practice speaking whenever possible and youll be fine. if you have trouble in certain areas or want to get ahead (for A/A* you have to go beyond what homework you get set), then try listening to one of the many podcasts there are for french, or certain topics in history. Reading ahead of lessons in history will help you. if its english lit, then practicing going into detailed analysis will help i think, timing will come later.

if you struggle to organise yourself then just write out all the things you need to do in order of dealine or priority, and make a start on the largest pieces of work you have to do. it gets easier, trust me!! hope this helps.
Reply 4
I got 8 A*s 2 As and a C at GCSE (COmputer Science fml), and I haven't been given target grades yet.
Thanks very much!
Reply 5
Sorry,unrelated but how can i start asking my own question on the student room
(edited 7 years ago)
the ask question button on the top
Original post by Stirla351
Sorry,unrelated but how can i start asking my own question on the student room
Reply 7
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
the ask question button on the top

The ask question button is invisible on smartphones

Click start new discussion: it's at the top of every post above the first comment and at the end above the reply box
Then open up a forum and click the start discussion button
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
I got 8 A*s 2 As and a C at GCSE (COmputer Science fml), and I haven't been given target grades yet.
Thanks very much!

its no problem! good luck!
Original post by thealphaparticle
then open up a forum and click the start discussion button

thank you!
Concentrate on this year first! Get organised and try to enjoy your subjects. If you concentrate on grades above all else, then you're much less likely to succeed. It will become a huge mental block and you'll just become frustrated.

Quick Reply

Latest