The Student Room Group

Will I Struggle?

So i have a maths gcse grade at C, but i didnt do a level maths. I did really well with BTEC IT and Applied Sciecne. Over year 12 and 13 i got all distinctions, D*D*D*D*. Im going to univrsity to study computer science, even though i didnt do maths a level will i struggle? Also having done 2 years of pure coursework im not sure if i will find it hard to re-transition to examinations? My university did not ask for maths a level as a requirment but i dont want it to down trodden me. FYI I start uni tommorow. Sorry for spelling on my ipod.
Reply 1
I don't know how it is for all unis but mine didn't require A-Level maths because they would teach us basic the Decisions and Stats required for the course. I imagine most unis would do something like this, and it tends to be a bit easier to learn maths in this setting because it is applied maths. If you haven't done any math since GCSE then you probably will struggle at first (getting used to it) but if you work hard you ought to be fine :smile:
Reply 2
May I ask which university it is? My friend is in the same situation as you so I'm wondering which universities accept BTECs in IT and no A-Level in Maths.
Reply 3
Original post by Kia_72
I don't know how it is for all unis but mine didn't require A-Level maths because they would teach us basic the Decisions and Stats required for the course. I imagine most unis would do something like this, and it tends to be a bit easier to learn maths in this setting because it is applied maths. If you haven't done any math since GCSE then you probably will struggle at first (getting used to it) but if you work hard you ought to be fine :smile:

Thank you for the message! Well yes I will work to my very best, as I did when I was doing my 2 year BTEC course, I mean I got all D's so I will keep that same work ethic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending