The Student Room Group

Does it sound like he's not keen on me coming with him?

There's a guy who I'm friends with but I think he tries to keep me at a certain distance because he knows I had feelings for him and stuff.

Anyway, next weekend, he's moving abroad, and he's flying from the airport near where I live. I asked him if he was getting a lift down there, and he said that there was a chance his friend might take him in the car, but he wasn't sure yet.

I said that I'd happily go with him if not, as I knew he was stressed about going abroad and that i didn't mind going along for support/help with his bags.

He replied saying that was really nice of me and that we'd talk about it later, and I said yeah no worries just let me know, I'd be really happy to.

Then he replied saying, yeah I'll let you know! But isn't it expensive to go to the airport? We'll see anyway! And I only have one bag anyway!

Dunno if i'm just over-thinking it, but he's like that in general, he's not good at saying things directly. Do you think that seems like he's not that keen on me going, and he's just trying to make excuses?
I want to go alone because I'm in the Mile High Club.
Reply 2
haha, made me laugh anyway
Reply 3
Then I told him that I had a monthly pass so didn't need to pay more for the train anyway, and he said, oh well i'm thinking of taking the bus anyway...

so I just said.. well, the bus is also included in my travel pass. But as you said, you only have one bag so you'll be fine, you don't really need my help!

Maybe a bit passive-aggressive of me, but just wish he could be direct and say I'd prefer it if you didn't come...
Lol you're coming off as really clingy, he only has one bag he really doesn't need support. Hed only want you there if you were close with him tbh :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Maths Four Life
Lol you're coming off as really clingy, he only has one bag he really doesn't need support. Hed only want you there if you were close with him tbh :tongue:

yeah ,maybe :s but the thing is we are really close, I mean we talk like every day.. and I dunno I tried to say that to show I wasn't bothered.. and as he's moving abroad I'm not gonna see him for at least a year, so yeah I would have liked to have seen him! But it's no biggie..
Original post by Anonymous
yeah ,maybe :s but the thing is we are really close, I mean we talk like every day.. and I dunno I tried to say that to show I wasn't bothered.. and as he's moving abroad I'm not gonna see him for at least a year, so yeah I would have liked to have seen him! But it's no biggie..

Lol if hes going abroad for so long why don't you say that you wanna see him in the airport before he leaves rather than beating around the bush.
Reply 7
Lol if hes going abroad for so long why don't you say that you wanna see him in the airport before he leaves rather than beating around the bush.

I did, I mean I said to him that I'd be happy to come with him so that he's not alone as he's really stressed... but yeah maybe I didn't spell it out enough... but the thing is, if he really wanted to see me, he'd have asked me to come.. so think it's best that I just leave it :smile:
I did, I mean I said to him that I'd be happy to come with him so that he's not alone as he's really stressed... but yeah maybe I didn't spell it out enough... but the thing is, if he really wanted to see me, he'd have asked me to come.. so think it's best that I just leave it :smile:

Lol i guess if he did want u to come he would say
The guy sounds like a bit of jerk if he doesnt wanna see u on his last day
Reply 9
i'm just slightly disappointed because we are good friends,only the other week I lent him like a hundred quid.. and as I said we talk pretty much every day, but because of stuff that's happened in the past I think he tries to keep me at a certain distance as I said.

It's just that from his point of view he prefers me not to come but he can't say that directly, he finds it easier to say oh but it's expensive, oh but i'm taking the bus, oh but etc. so yeah.. but anyway I've tried to make it sound like a kind of, yeah you're right you don't really need me there then!
Lol i guess if he did want u to come he would say
The guy sounds like a bit of jerk if he doesnt wanna see u on his last day

yeah, I mean we saw each other a fortnight ago, but that was the first time in 3 months.. and as I said, I don't know when will be the next time. It may be Christmas ,but it's really uncertain.. otherwise it will probably be like next summer :s-smilie:
i'm just slightly disappointed because we are good friends,only the other week I lent him like a hundred quid.. and as I said we talk pretty much every day, but because of stuff that's happened in the past I think he tries to keep me at a certain distance as I said.

It's just that from his point of view he prefers me not to come but he can't say that directly, he finds it easier to say oh but it's expensive, oh but i'm taking the bus, oh but etc. so yeah.. but anyway I've tried to make it sound like a kind of, yeah you're right you don't really need me there then!

Lol he sounds like a jerk, you should just stay away from him he doesn't consider you that important and thats ridiculous
Just get him out of your life, the better:smile:
Lol he sounds like a jerk, you should just stay away from him he doesn't consider you that important and thats ridiculous
Just get him out of your life, the better:smile:

I think you are right yes :frown: it's true he doesn't consider me as very important,.. oh he's just replied saying 'Don't say that!!' 'I said we'll see!'
I think you are right yes :frown: it's true he doesn't consider me as very important,.. oh he's just replied saying 'Don't say that!!' 'I said we'll see!'

He's saving you as his back up option in case his current plan of how to get to the airport flops. You're worth more than a back up option
Original post by Pinkberry_y
He's saving you as his back up option in case his current plan of how to get to the airport flops. You're worth more than a back up option

thank you :smile: yeah.. this guy is supposed to be one of my best friends! Ah well x
now he's like 'I feel like you're angry with me', and I was like oh no, i'm not :smile: no point saying anymore about it I suppose.
Jeez girl, get some self respect. Let him get on with it and stop going out if your way for someone who so obviously doesn't give a ****. I've seen your other threads too and this guy sounds like a user, but only because you're allowing it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending