The Student Room Group

Is a bomber jacket smart casual?

--
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
This probably seems like a ridiculous question since nobody cares what I wear, but I'm going on a school trip (to art galleries) tomorrow and the dress code is smart casual (I never know what dress codes actually mean). Any suggestions as to how close I can get to casual without crossing the border? I was thinking bomber jacket, black jeans and a top but I don't know what top to where.

No, it isn't, if by bomber jacket you mean a short, belt level jacket with a gathered waistband.
Reply 2
Smart casual is like a shirt and a pair of good jeans, blazer optional. On your feet avoid trainers, shoes or boots are better.

Edit: you're female so you have a lot more scope than my advice but you still can't go far wrong with it.*
(edited 7 years ago)
casual,not smart lol
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
I mean this one http://www.selectfashion.co.uk/clothing/s044-0301-003_khaki.html but the one I got is a lot more oversized (I ended up getting size 16 instead of size 10, you can call me crazy :biggrin:)

That's casual, not smart casual.
Just casual. :tongue:
Reply 6
Generally no but frankly if it's for a school trip and it's a bit chilly out, I doubt they would really care unless you attend a posh school.

Quick Reply

Latest