The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

ffs that bum Jeff is starting tonight
Love that team. Been dying to see Jeff play. Will also get to see what Chuba and LUCAS PEREZ 9 are made of.

Hope Willock gets some minutes too.
Looks like it's written in the stars for Bendtner to knock us out, we've put out a championship XI against him (Maitland-Niles at RB even though he played further forward for Ipswich? )
Ox has been a joke so far, giving possession away so cheaply.
Original post by shawn_o1
Looks like it's written in the stars for Bendtner to knock us out, we've put out a championship XI against him (Maitland-Niles at RB even though he played further forward for Ipswich? )

Yeah he's a winger/ CM. Showed good promise tbh. Think it was his mum (agent) that was messing things up for him.
:eek: Imagine he does that in every game
He's just top quality.
That keeping tho
Don't think he quite understands the game though. Point of the League Cup is to go out as soon as possible. Those fixtures stack up fast and hard.
Original post by swirly
Don't think he quite understands the game though. Point of the League Cup is to go out as soon as possible. Those fixtures stack up fast and hard.

What's with Xhaka scoring these screamers? ****ing hell.

Wish Pogbad could do that :frown:
Xhaka just scorers 30 yarders for fun doesn't he?
Original post by leinad2012
Xhaka just scorers 30 yarders for fun doesn't he?

Really good strikes tbh.

You could argue both keepers made errors but he's hit them hard and you have to get it on target from that distance, and Xhaka isn't half getting it right!
Ox is Championship standard.
Original post by Lúcio
Really good strikes tbh.

You could argue both keepers made errors but he's hit them hard and you have to get it on target from that distance, and Xhaka isn't half getting it right!

I'd agree, forest keeper has to do better. It reminded me a bit of Ramsey's goal, just floats into the top corner. Wenger must be fuming. Man shouldn't be shooting from that far out, pass it you flashy Swiss ********!
I'd agree, forest keeper has to do better. It reminded me a bit of Ramsey's goal, just floats into the top corner. Wenger must be fuming. Man shouldn't be shooting from that far out, pass it you flashy Swiss ********!

It also reminds me of Bale in the Euros - a few okay long shots but the only went in due to goalkeeping error.
Like you said if he doesn't score those, maybe Wenger gets pissed because it's a waste of possession?

Guys gonna get dropped against Chelsea for that, Wenger probably thought he had the chance for a perfect through ball but he opted to shoot instead :lol:.

And Lucasss.
Original post by Lúcio
It also reminds me of Bale in the Euros - a few okay long shots but the only went in due to goalkeeping error.
Like you said if he doesn't score those, maybe Wenger gets pissed because it's a waste of possession?

It's incredibly refreshing to see someone in an Arsenal shirt have a pop from 30 yard. Especially when it flies into the top left hand corner :smile: Both times it was warranted, defence completely backed off him
Original post by James.Carnell
Guys gonna get dropped against Chelsea for that, Wenger probably thought he had the chance for a perfect through ball but he opted to shoot instead :lol:.

And Lucasss.

Probably will you know
Perez scoring pens and scruffy sitters. I'm starting to get the Vardy comparisons...

edit: AND my man Perez walked it in. Hope you're taking notes Xhaka, you swiss cheese and Lindt eating showoff, THAT's how you score an Arsenal goal...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 578
**** sakes

Perez should have had a hatrick, would have done him the world of good
Yeah yeah, good win. We'll be brought back down to earth in the weekend, against a side that we always give up our sweets in the playground to. If we do win, enjoy that event that happens every 5 years...

Quick Reply

Latest