The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
It shakes out that I need Jeremy Langford to out score Mason Crosby by 3.1 to get the win. I have a chance. If I lose its my starting lineup decisions which have killed me.
Original post by Wattsy
It shakes out that I need Jeremy Langford to out score Mason Crosby by 3.1 to get the win. I have a chance. If I lose its my starting lineup decisions which have killed me.

The Vikings will contain the packers don't worry.
Reply 182
Original post by joecphillips
The Vikings will contain the packers don't worry.

More likely that the*Packers are only scoring TDs so Crosby only kicks 1.00 PATs but I'll take it either way.
It took less than 2 quarters before Bradford had to go to the locker room because of injury
3 forced fumbles by the Vikings defence 3 times the packers have retained possession.

Diggs looks like a HoF wr and Bradford was impressive.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
More likely that the*Packers are only scoring TDs so Crosby only kicks 1.00 PATs but I'll take it either way.

I told you he wouldn't score a lot
Is there anyone in this league who has not lost at least one starter to injury this week?
Reply 187
Original post by Monkey_Pete
Is there anyone in this league who has not lost at least one starter to injury this week?

Me, but I had Keenan Allen last week so I'm considering this week a leveller.
I have withdrawn my trade offer on Peterson for obvious reasons. Anyone looking to trade? I am always open to reasonable suggestions
If I could drop him...I would. And Russell Wilson too.

Goddam, those two sank two of my fantasy teams. Yuck.
Original post by jammy4041
If I could drop him...I would. And Russell Wilson too.

Goddam, those two sank two of my fantasy teams. Yuck.

I'll give you treadwell for him to clear up your roster
Deserved to win last week, lost.

Didn't deserve to win this week, won.

Typically fantasy football really.

In other news, anyone want foster or Lockett ? Both super healthy honestly
Reply 192
I squeaked home this week. Jeremy Langford is not a 3 down back though, this is becoming clear. He has about 2.1 YPC over the course of the first two weeks, I can see a committee on the horizon.
Original post by Wattsy
I squeaked home this week. Jeremy Langford is not a 3 down back though, this is becoming clear. He has about 2.1 YPC over the course of the first two weeks, I can see a committee on the horizon.
Well played, but not really a vintage week for either of us this week. I'm now down 2 of my top 3 RBs for this week (and one for the season), so I don't think it's going to get a whole lot better for me...*
Sorry I haven't been very active, my other league has a cash prize and a cheating commissioner so all of my hate-fueled motivation has been focused on that league.

My other team also has a much cooler name.
Reply 195
Original post by SmashConcept
Sorry I haven't been very active, my other league has a cash prize and a cheating commissioner so all of my hate-fueled motivation has been focused on that league.

My other team also has a much cooler name.

What do you mean a cheating commissioner? That sounds ridiculous particularly with the cash prize!
Original post by Wattsy
What do you mean a cheating commissioner? That sounds ridiculous particularly with the cash prize!

He's an ******** basically. He drafted too many receivers, tried to trade a couple of mediocre ones to me for Gurley because he thinks everyone is an idiot. When I rejected his trade he added an extra WR to starting lineups. The settings are ridiculous but I won't even get into that. Our running backs get points per carry, to start with...

Most people in the league either haven't noticed or don't care. A few of us are pretty pissed off. The prize is an NFL.com voucher, and I really ****ing want to spend it on a Josh Gordon jersey to hang in a special room with all my drug paraphernalia when I get my new place.
Reply 197
What a doughnut. Lol at points per carry. PPR I can understand because a catch actually takes effort from the receiver. To get a carry the RB gets the ball thrust into his midriff. That does not warrant gaining points. It would also mean that teams which are ahead become much better RB scorers because they're looking to chew clock. Half the fun of fantasy is that even when the team loses, the player can still do well. Julius Thomas for me last week: 7.1 points from 71 receiving yards during an all-world dumpster fire for the Jags. That gave me a little bit of consolation, with your *****y scoring system I wouldn't even be allowed that if my player was a running back. The only time I'd put money on fantasy is via Draft Kings where I know the fruity rules before I begin or in a fantasy league with conventional scoring.*
Original post by Wattsy
What a doughnut. Lol at points per carry. PPR I can understand because a catch actually takes effort from the receiver. To get a carry the RB gets the ball thrust into his midriff. That does not warrant gaining points. It would also mean that teams which are ahead become much better RB scorers because they're looking to chew clock. Half the fun of fantasy is that even when the team loses, the player can still do well. Julius Thomas for me last week: 7.1 points from 71 receiving yards during an all-world dumpster fire for the Jags. That gave me a little bit of consolation, with your *****y scoring system I wouldn't even be allowed that if my player was a running back. The only time I'd put money on fantasy is via Draft Kings where I know the fruity rules before I begin or in a fantasy league with conventional scoring.*

Yeah he's a dumbass. I have a pretty good team in his ridiculous rules, but there are also big bonuses for going over 100 yards, so it makes it more random I think. Like Gurley gets 20 points per game just for carrying the ball lol. Hopefully he actually gets some yards or touchdowns at some point though.
Reply 199
One of them leagues where you can clock 200 points and lose? All of that random bonus crap would drive me mad, imagine being on 102 yards in garbage time and instead of going victory formation the idiot OC calls a run which results in a TFL. I remember someone on twitter losing a matchup by .1 of a point because Matt Ryan kneeled instead of running a play to end the game, that stress is multiplied if you suddenly lose 20 damn points over it.

Quick Reply

Latest