The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:moon:

Original post by spotify95
Haha, you and your banter! I don't get upset, I just ask people to edit so that the numbers are nice
Ok. You just feel that in a really really extreme way... I get you.:redface:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
108348Ok. You just feel that in a really really extreme way... I get you.:redface:

Spoiler

Well, not really really extreme... but you know what I mean.
If it's incorrect, please edit it! :yep:

They probably wouldn't be able to deliver any parcels if the snow was too bad, as they wouldn't be able to make it to any delivery address! I can remember a time whereby the snow was really bad, and we couldn't get out of the street, so everyone went to the Co-op for their food. Bearing in mind the whole of the village was relying on co-op, the food ran out and we had to do a 3.5 mile walk to Tesco's to get our shopping - in the freezing cold and snow! :frown: Wasn't fun!

That was where I used to live, though - now, I'd go to the co-op, or walk to Asda, or Lidl... so if that ever happened again, we'd be covered!

Anything electrical would get destroyed due to the snow and ice/moisture. At least breakable items would have more of a chance, as snow would give a bit of a cushioning (so long as there wasn't any ice either), so would land on the snow and wouldn't get totally destroyed, which would be the case if they just threw it onto the normal road/pathway surface.

The things is, I don't have a Wii U, which is what MK8 requires - and I haven't used my current Wii enough to warrant spending more money on a Wii U. However, I do spend enough time on the DSi to warrant an upgrade to the 3DS - especially considering that the DSi Store is shutting down as of March 2017. So I'd be able to get the MK Wii, and the MK7 for 3DS (when purchasing a 3DS), but not the Wii U version.
I think I did play a SNES a few years back, but I haven't ever owned a SNES or a 64 etc. I'll ahve to look at that when I play the Wii again :smile:

Haha, I thought that all MK games would be similar!

Yes, that is true, however - hypothetically, what if they could? :wink: Yes, that was also the situation for us too; it was mainly the staple foods, such as bread, milk etc that experienced a severe deficit. We had to travel a similar distance to collect bread and milk from a newsagents, as Tesco Express presented with empty milk and bread shelves! Did you have some wellington boots to wear in the snow, or casual shoes?

That's good to hear - at least you have three nearby options to opt for in the event of severe snow accumulations. :smile:

If, for example - it was the winter of 2009-10, or 2010-11, there were several compounded layers of ice beneath fresh snowfall, which would have decreased the cushioning, unless the fresh snow was relatively deep. However, if the fresh layer of snow was around an inch, there would not be much cushioning at all. ^^ If there were say, four inches of fresh now, there would undoubtedly be cushioning. :smile: Yes, you are correct that electrical items are more prone to damage in such weather conditions - in fact, it would be probable that the items would not remain in a usable condition if the packaging was inadequate. I suppose that any snow cover as cushioning, is better than no cushioning at all! :biggrin:

It could be worth a thought, considering you do play Mario Kart DS quite frequently and Mario Kart Wii is not very expensive now, thus since those are the consoles/devices you predominantly use, you could purchase the corresponding versions of Mario Kart. :smile:

I recall playing Mario Paint on the SNES when I was around 6 and used to enjoy it thoroughly, although the first game I ever played, was Pokemon Yellow, on the Gameboy when I was 5.

Indeed you assumed correctly, my dear!

(edited 7 years ago)
Well, not really really extreme...
And that is open to interpretation.:colone:

Original post by 04MR17
108357And that is open to interpretation.:colone:

True, true :smile: