The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not sure, it's in my history book I think, I'll find out as soon as I can, but probably the same as yours.
Reply 181
Hi! My name is Khaya and I'm obviously in year 10.

I've been doing GCSE maths since beginning of Year 9 and GCSE Science and RE after the Easter term in Year 9

Subjects:
English Language(AQA)
English Literature(AQA)
Maths(Edexcel)
RE(Edexcel)
Triple Science(AQA)
French (AQA)
History(WJEC)
Music(OCR)

I'm not too sure how I feel about the new GCSEs and I honestly don't know what to expect of them (nor does everyone else,especially the teachers), to be honest.It is quite annoying that they have increased the content and my teachers have mentioned how difficult it is going to be to cram the content into the space of 2 years. Normally we choose our options in year 9(which my year was the last year to do so) but now the younger years have to choose their options in year 8(the current year 9's had to choose their options last year). However, they are lucky as they get more time to do learn the content than we do (lol)

Hopefully it works out in the end though!
Original post by salex413
An inspector calls, Macbeth, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

How about you? :smile:

Lol what a coincidence, we are doing the same texts.
- Introduce yourself! - Hey, I'm Joey, I'm 14 and just started Y10

- What are your hobbies and interests?- CoSpace/RoboCup (A robotics competition, reguarly participate in that)

- How many GCSEs are you doing? 8 I believe- English, Maths, Triple or double Science (we don't choose until end of y10), RS Short course (short course of RS is mandatory at my school, but you can opt for the full course), and 4 others.

- What subjects are you taking (include your exam board to find others studying the same things as you)?
History (AQA)
Computer Science (school hasn't decided which board we are going to be using yet so we are just learning basics like Binary, Hex, etc.)
German (unsure of exam board)
Music (OCR, i'm very behind in terms of theory and a little behind on playing skills so this is something i'd be interested in revising with someone else)

- Do you think you're ready for the new GCSEs?
Yes, have a feeling i'll do very bad in Music though xD, Computer Science however i hope to do well in

- What's your favourite subject(s)?
Computer Science and Music

- What is your dream career or dream uni?
Maybe MIT in America (lord knows how that would work xD), maybe Cambridge or Oxford if i was to get in. Career- definitely something to do with computers, maybe software engineer or working for a games company

- How do you feel about going into Year 10?
Excited, looking back on Y9 it was so relaxed compared to year 10. Have definitely got to start doing homework quicker and revising more

- Also, feel free to share any revision skills and resources you have
Quizlet i found was an AMAZING tool- also the CGP revision guides (the ones around £7) prove to look amazing, Have only got the History one so far but i'm ordering more soon

EDIT: Seen some of you discuss texts used for English, we are reading Frankenstein.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by khxya
Hi! My name is Khaya and I'm obviously in year 10.

I've been doing GCSE maths since beginning of Year 9 and GCSE Science and RE after the Easter term in Year 9

Subjects:
English Language(AQA)
English Literature(AQA)
Maths(Edexcel)
RE(Edexcel)
Triple Science(AQA)
French (AQA)
History(WJEC)
Music(OCR)

I'm not too sure how I feel about the new GCSEs and I honestly don't know what to expect of them (nor does everyone else,especially the teachers), to be honest.It is quite annoying that they have increased the content and my teachers have mentioned how difficult it is going to be to cram the content into the space of 2 years. Normally we choose our options in year 9(which my year was the last year to do so) but now the younger years have to choose their options in year 8(the current year 9's had to choose their options last year). However, they are lucky as they get more time to do learn the content than we do (lol)

Hopefully it works out in the end though!

Hey!

I'm taking music with OCR too. How are you finding it? What instrument do you play? How are your theory skills?

Please join, and feel free to invite other people to the thread

-15jturner
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
You're doing the new spec, how is it?

i think its good but we have to remeber the things like an example of a spit and things like that what you doing in geography??xD
Original post by mayu123
i think its good but we have to remeber the things like an example of a spit and things like that what you doing in geography??xD

In the middle of coursework about coastal management strategies at M.i.l.ford on Sea. You're lucky you're not doing coursework, it's just effort
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Flakeyon
Lol what a coincidence, we are doing the same texts.

Haha lol, we are doing An Inspector Calls at the moment. How about you? :smile:
In the middle of coursework about coastal management strategies at M.i.l.ford on Sea. You're lucky you're not doing coursework, it's just effort

We're doing costal management too😝I find it so interesting! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha lol, we are doing An Inspector Calls at the moment. How about you? :smile:

Same. I'm finding it very interesting but probably just as a book, I don't really like studying it. How are you finding it?
Original post by Alexemmamay3101
We're doing costal management too😝I find it so interesting! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really my type of geography, I'm more into the socio-economic aspects of geography but with coursework we write about different types of geography
Same. I'm finding it very interesting but probably just as a book, I don't really like studying it. How are you finding it?

Yes, the play is quite intresting. Are you taking the exam at the end of this year? If you are what are you hoping to get? :smile:

i do coursework for Business Studies and we have to produce a 28 slide presentaion on our own business EFFORT Xdd:angry:
What exam board are you on?

Edexcel, new 9-1 system.
Hello I am in Year 10,
I am very worried about my GCSEs, i'm hoping to get most 9s and maybe an 8 but i really want those 9s. I am considering starting light revision to help with my GCSEs.

The subjects I am taking are:
Trip Science - OCR 21st century
English Literature - AQA
English lang - AQA (i think)
Maths - AQA
Ethics Edexcel I think

French - AQA Higher
Business - AQA
Computer Science - OCR

I am mainly worried about French I really want to get a high level in French (8-9), and English which I think might be hard,I have heard business is easy and I am really good at Maths and Science. I hope to maybe be a doctor and study at a good univeristy, I'm aiming for like one of the top 5 univeristies in England for medicine.

Please if anyone has advice on how I can get nearly all 9s. Also any1 who is good at french or english or any of the subjects im taking. And wheter I should start revising now. Which I'm planning 2 once my huge amazon textbook order comes in (ordering in a few days).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by peeked
Hello I am in Year 10,
I am very worried about my GCSEs, i'm hoping to get most 9s and maybe an 8 but i really want those 9s. I am considering starting light revision to help with my GCSEs.

English Literature - AQA
Maths - AQA
Ethics Edexcel I think

French - AQA Higher
Business - AQA
Computer Science - OCR

I am mainly worried about French I really want to get a high level in French (8-9), and English which I think might be hard,I have heard business is easy and I am really good at Maths and Science. I hope to maybe be a doctor and study at a good univeristy, I'm aiming for like one of the top 5 univeristies in England for medicine.

Please if anyone has advice on how I can get nearly all 9s. Also any1 who is good at french or english or any of the subjects im taking. And wheter I should start revising now. Which I'm planning 2 once my huge amazon textbook order comes in (ordering in a few days).

How you finding Business Studies ??? cause im doing it and im on a seperate thread but i am still watching this threadxD
Original post by peeked
Hello I am in Year 10,

English Literature - AQA
Maths - AQA
Ethics Edexcel I think

French - AQA Higher
Business - AQA
Computer Science - OCR

For French I really advise you to look at vocab. Even if you're not good at tenses, having a general knowledge on subjects is really helpful especially in reading and listening. I can't really help you much with the new writing and speaking because I'm doing the old spec but I guess you could arrange plenty of mock exams.
Original post by peeked
Hello I am in Year 10,

English Literature - AQA
Maths - AQA
Ethics Edexcel I think

French - AQA Higher
Business - AQA
Computer Science - OCR

Hello nice to meet u and just to let you know i wont be on here most often i will be on my thread abt revision on Gcse:wink:
Yes, the play is quite intresting. Are you taking the exam at the end of this year? If you are what are you hoping to get? :smile:

Not really. My school doesn't really do exams in Year 10. But if I was to do it I'd probably want a 6 or a 7. I don't have high hopes since my PEE paragraphs aren't that great.
Not really. My school doesn't really do exams in Year 10. But if I was to do it I'd probably want a 6 or a 7. I don't have high hopes since my PEE paragraphs aren't that great.

Our school doesn't spell it PEE because we're immature sh*ts 😂 instead we call them PEA, the a being analysis. I honestly hate PEE because it doesn't allow you to link pieces of evidence