The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

I've been living in UK for 3 years and I'm about to apply for Uni. However, I am not eligible for the student maintenance loan because I would have to live in UK for 5 years. I have family living here for over 10 years and we are all EU residents but no one has the residence card. What are my options?
Original post by paatrycjaaa
I've been living in UK for 3 years and I'm about to apply for Uni. However, I am not eligible for the student maintenance loan because I would have to live in UK for 5 years. I have family living here for over 10 years and we are all EU residents but no one has the residence card. What are my options?

Are you or your parents working in the UK? Can they provide proof of this?
Reply 2
Yess, my dad had been working here for more than 10 years and my mum for 2.5. I asi have other family members working here for like 8 years
Reply 3
Original post by jelly1000
Are you or your parents working in the UK? Can they provide proof of this?

Yees, my dad had been working here for more than 10 years and my mum for 2.5. I asi have other family members working here for like 8 years
Original post by paatrycjaaa
Yees, my dad had been working here for more than 10 years and my mum for 2.5. I asi have other family members working here for like 8 years

If your parents have been working here then you should be able to apply for a maintainance loan as the child of a migrant worker, student finance will want evidence like payslips from both your parents.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending