The Student Room Group

Finalising uni choices please help!

oops
(edited 6 years ago)
IMO it's fairly random how it all works out except for places that advertise high cut offs like Sheffield. I would apply to the ones you like best and just see what happens. Potentially you may have opened some extra doors by doing the BMAT - you may have got a very high mark for example, and guaranteed yourself an interview - but it's too late now as far as I'm aware the BMAT date for this year would have been earlier so stick to what you've got. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong. Pick it based on where you want to be.
Reply 2
I'd advise against Exeter as unless they changed this year) they bad you by how many A*s you're predicted and have UKCAT cut offs in each band. I remember readin somewhere that the cut off for people with 1 A* prediction was over 700
As you know Bristol is risky especially since it is the most oversubscribed as they are the only place not to look at UKCAT.
Sheffield said if they used the ranking system last year for UKCAT the cut off would've been quite high I can't remember how high but it may be a tad higher than what you got
Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending