The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gman786
Youre probably in the 50-60th percentile. You have to realise most people who do the test probably have 3 or 4 friends working on questions together.

This^
Original post by Gman786
Has anyone passed hsbcs sjt and verbal reasoning test? When did u hear back after completing them?

I had an SJT and an inductive reasoning test not verbal for Global Research, but yeah I did them and felt the Inductive went really went but no idea about the SJT and havent heard **** ALL SON
After completing the RBC tests, they said they will get back to me in 3 days and I completed them yesterday.
Anyone completed them before and heard anything yet?
Original post by TheBankinator
This^

Although it wouldn't surprise me at all if banks rejected anybody that gets full marks with plenty of time to spare.
Original post by Dante991
I had an SJT and an inductive reasoning test not verbal for Global Research, but yeah I did them and felt the Inductive went really went but no idea about the SJT and havent heard **** ALL SON

Yo i just did the sjt test for hsbc and got an instant email saying congratulations you have passed. Got the inductive reasoning left, gonna do it tmoro!
Original post by Gman786
Yo i just did the sjt test for hsbc and got an instant email saying congratulations you have passed. Got the inductive reasoning left, gonna do it tmoro!

can you quote the email? I got sent them at the same time, did them the same time and only got one confirmation email saying "

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online Situational Judgement and Inductive Reasoning Aptitude Tests. We will be in touch with you again shortly with regards to the progress of your application. "
After completing the RBC tests, they said they will get back to me in 3 days and I completed them yesterday.
Anyone completed them before and heard anything yet?

Normally RBC send an email after the three days telling you to expect to hear back within 4-6 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
can you quote the email? I got sent them at the same time, did them the same time and only got one confirmation email saying "

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online Situational Judgement and Inductive Reasoning Aptitude Tests. We will be in touch with you again shortly with regards to the progress of your application. "

I got them sent individually.. I think cause we applied for different things.

We are pleased to confirm that further to your application to the Analyst - Internship - Global Banking & Markets, Markets Summer Internship - EMEA - London you have successfully met our initial screening criteria. We would now like to invite you to the next stage of the assessment process.Assessment details:This stage of the assessment consists of an online Inductive Reasoning test. The information gathered from this test forms one part of the selection procedure and provides useful additional information that we cannot gain from the other parts of the process.
Original post by Gman786
I got them sent individually.. I think cause we applied for different things.

We are pleased to confirm that further to your application to the Analyst - Internship - Global Banking & Markets, Markets Summer Internship - EMEA - London you have successfully met our initial screening criteria. We would now like to invite you to the next stage of the assessment process.Assessment details:This stage of the assessment consists of an online Inductive Reasoning test. The information gathered from this test forms one part of the selection procedure and provides useful additional information that we cannot gain from the other parts of the process.

I got that email but not sure if it means you passed SJT, think its sent after you complete SJT. .See I passed Lazard SJT but failed RBS so I never know what to think with these things lol
I got that email but not sure if it means you passed SJT, think its sent after you complete SJT. .See I passed Lazard SJT but failed RBS so I never know what to think with these things lol

I literally got the email 2 mins after the test.

Youre probably talking about this email

We are pleased to confirm that further to your application to the Analyst - Internship - Global Banking & Markets, Markets Summer Internship - EMEA - London, you have successfully met our initial screening criteria. We would now like to invite you to the next stage of the assessment process.Assessment details:The next stage of the assessment consists of two online tests; a Situational Judgement Test and an Inductive Reasoning Test. The information gathered from these tests forms one part of the selection procedure and provides useful additional information that we cannot gain from the other parts of the process.

I also failed rbs sjt ;( i thought it went so well. Im gnna apply again using a diff email address lol
Original post by Gman786
I literally got the email 2 mins after the test.

Youre probably talking about this email

We are pleased to confirm that further to your application to the Analyst - Internship - Global Banking & Markets, Markets Summer Internship - EMEA - London, you have successfully met our initial screening criteria. We would now like to invite you to the next stage of the assessment process.Assessment details:The next stage of the assessment consists of two online tests; a Situational Judgement Test and an Inductive Reasoning Test. The information gathered from these tests forms one part of the selection procedure and provides useful additional information that we cannot gain from the other parts of the process.

Nah I got both, youre right the other one comes right after completing SJT
Original post by Gman786
I also failed rbs sjt ;( i thought it went so well. Im gnna apply again using a diff email address lol

Honestly mate RBS arent even worth the time this year, may as concentrate your efforts elsewhere
Hello

I just started applying for M&A Summer 2017.

I was wondering how fast places might fill this year- am I at a disadvantage for applying after they have been open for 3 weeks?
Reply 2854
Just a heads up, Deloitte's financial advisory; M&A grad scheme is now closed
Reply 2855
Anyone has done virtual interview for GS? Any insights?
Original post by Iopa
Just a heads up, Deloitte's financial advisory; M&A grad scheme is now closed

****ing hell. What about the other Big 4? Why do they fill up so quickly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nearly Doubts
Hello

I just started applying for M&A Summer 2017.

I was wondering how fast places might fill this year- am I at a disadvantage for applying after they have been open for 3 weeks?

No, get them done before October.
Reply 2858
Original post by Commercial Paper
****ing hell. What about the other Big 4? Why do they fill up so quickly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not checked EY & PwC but KPMG's is still open.

Haha no idea just checked, Leeds is available but not London. Must have filled up pretty quick

(edit: http://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/careers/articles/student-opportunities-in-financial-advisory.html for proof)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2859
Anyone have insights on Barclays video interview/2nd business assessment, can share info on processes for some of the other BB's - PM me.

Quick Reply