The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Can you still get into LSC with decent GCSE results (mainly B's and 4 C's) but AAA in a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 101
I got a C in maths, additional science and English language but the rest of my subjects I got a B. Let's say I got AAA in AS, does that mean I can still go LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tbatrm1
I got a C in maths, additional science and English language but the rest of my subjects I got a B. Let's say I got AAA in AS, does that mean I can still go LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The C in Maths and English Language in particular will hurt your chances, it might be worth looking into retaking those
Reply 103
I want to do the sociology course at LSE and the entry requirements are AAB and i'm predicted AAB, do I have a chance of getting in or do I have to have better grades than they want?
Reply 104
Has anyone submitted an application yet?
Reply 105
Original post by aasdasda
At the moment I am doing MATHS, FURTHER MATHS, PHYSICS and CHEMISTRY at A2 but i am thinking of dropping chemistry. Do you think that will hurt my chances of getting an offer from LSE for MATHS WITH ECONOMICS?

GCSE: 1 A*, 5 A, 5 B and A in FMSQ maths
AS: 4 A(maths 300ums, further maths 296 ums)
Predicted A2: 4 A*

Thanks

I also plan to do STEP 1,2,3 this year

no
Reply 106
I submitted my application about a week ago, and I haven't received any sort of confirmation email.
Original post by Raph8el
I submitted my application about a week ago, and I haven't received any sort of confirmation email.

It says on the LSE website that they receive their first applications from UCAS in late September, so you should get an email in a couple of weeks.
Original post by e_bll78
I want to do the sociology course at LSE and the entry requirements are AAB and i'm predicted AAB, do I have a chance of getting in or do I have to have better grades than they want?

If your prediction meets the minimum they want, it means that they will consider you. But the higher the prediction the better.
Hello!I am looking for someone to transfer to my Urbanest Kings Cross tenancy. The room is 217.45 a week it is a single spacious private room, you share with two other lovely flatmates and have two bathroom and a kitchen. It is near Kings Cross and is only 20 minute train commute away from LSE!.If this sounds interesting to you than please reply ASAP
Hi, I´m an international student applying for international relations. I am an average student with a passion for this course, but I don´t want to get my hopes up because this is a very prestigious uni, very difficult to get in. I would like to know if you guys think I could stand a chance with a very strong personal statement.
IGCSEs: A,B,A,C,A,AB,C,

AS: Geography- B (3 points away from the A)
Business Studies - B
Spanish Literature- A (3 points away from the A*)
I´m also doing English Literature and Language but the exam is next year.I am not completely sure about my target grades, but i think english is around the B.

Extracurriculars:
- I´m been the founder and leader of the first Girl Up club in Spain for 2 years (this is the 2)
- Girl Up is a United Nations programme that helps empower woman- Also, i work as a teacher´s assistant with little kids.
- I´ve translated in the parent´s evenings for primary since Y9, every term, helping translate information from the teacher to Spanish parents and vice versa.

I´ve heard that even if the usual standard offer is AAA, if you don´t meet those grades but have a strong PS can enable you to be accepted. Should I apply?
(edited 7 years ago)
Maths with economics applicant. 3A*s 6As 2Bs at GCSE and AAAA at AS (Maths, FM, Physics, Economics) . Predictions haven't all been confirmed yet but it will either be A*A*A*A* or A*A*A*A.

Don't think I'll get an offer because my personal statement is nothing special imo. Worth applying though I hope...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Hi, I'm going to apply for accounting and finance. :smile:
Reply 113
Is it worth taking 2 years out for LSE ? Or UCL ?
I'm going to apply to do accounting and finance in 2017 but I'm kind of unsure, because:

At GCSE, I got 2 A*s and 7 As, however I got a C in English language which might ruin my chances, should I redo my English language to make it better, or do you think it doesn't really matter?

I've got 3 As at AS level and I think I can probably get AAA or A*AA at the end of A2. Again, however, two of my subjects are on their "non preferred" subject list (I do Maths, Accounting and ICT).

I might phone up admissions to ask if I meet the criteria but I know they don't really discuss suitability for applications.

What do you guys think I should do?
Hi everyone,
I'm a post a level applicant and I'm applying for maths with Econ :smile:
Reply 116
Is no one applying for Business maths and stats or stats and finance??
Original post by AM66
Is no one applying for Business maths and stats or stats and finance??

I was thinking about it as im applying for maths and stats at all of my other unis but the fact that its not pure maths deterred me a bit.
Original post by lauuu99
Hi, I´m an international student applying for international relations. I am an average student with a passion for this course, but I don´t want to get my hopes up because this is a very prestigious uni, very difficult to get in. I would like to know if you guys think I could stand a chance with a very strong personal statement.
IGCSEs: A,B,A,C,A,AB,C,

AS: Geography- B (3 points away from the A)
Business Studies - B
Spanish Literature- A (3 points away from the A*)
I´m also doing English Literature and Language but the exam is next year.I am not completely sure about my target grades, but i think english is around the B.

Extracurriculars:
- I´m been the founder and leader of the first Girl Up club in Spain for 2 years (this is the 2)
- Girl Up is a United Nations programme that helps empower woman- Also, i work as a teacher´s assistant with little kids.
- I´ve translated in the parent´s evenings for primary since Y9, every term, helping translate information from the teacher to Spanish parents and vice versa.

I´ve heard that even if the usual standard offer is AAA, if you don´t meet those grades but have a strong PS can enable you to be accepted. Should I apply?

Hey,

Firstly, good effort trying to confuse the reader by putting the IGCSE grades in random order :biggrin:.

Secondly, in AS there are no A*s, thats only in A2. Also, by "3 points" do you mean 3 marks or 3 UMS. (Doesnt matter that much which it is to be honest)

Thirdly, it is true that in some cases having an amazing PS "might" make up for lower grades (to get the conditional offer), but thats not always the case and also if it is, you still have to meet the requirements they ask you for in A2 though! If you miss the grade by even 1 mark, you will most likely get rejected no matter what (not even joking). Make sure you apply with the prediction of at least what they need, if its less then you are unlikely to get an offer since they dont interview you. They do sometimes give the UGAA test though.

Lastly, your extra curriculum points are alright, but I dont have that much information about the course you are applying for. Make sure they are related to your course though, if possible.

Good luck. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Danllo
Is it worth taking 2 years out for LSE ? Or UCL ?

What do you mean?
For what course?
Have you done A-Levels? Are you in University? Usually people take 1 extra year to reapply or something, but what is your 2 year situation? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest