The Student Room Group

Is spending £90 on a winter jacket a lot

Mums saying that I could get something good for like £40-50 it ain't a lot it's not like I'm spending £900 on a jacket

Scroll to see replies

Original post by struggler07
Mums saying that I could get something good for like £40-50 it ain't a lot it's not like I'm spending £900 on a jacket

Well if you intend to use it for this one winter and then it wont be in fashion so you will throw it out then it is a lot.

But if you intend and honestly actually intend to use it for more than one winter then yes buy it
Reply 2
I would say it's expensive but if its your money, your choice how you spend it I guess :smile:
Reply 3
If you really like it and want it, I'd say just go for it.
Reply 5

£90 is not a lot. Last winter I bought a coat from TK maxx for £80 and I still use it ( its really good quality).

Whenever I buy a coat from primark I end up only wearing it for a year.
You get what you pay for. I bought a jacket at uni which I wore all year round. It cost me £60 and lasted 6 years.
£90 seems cheap. If it was £200-£300 then I'd say that's expensive.
Already bought it I want it to last for years
you get what you payed for 😀
Already got it
That's kinda buff still
The original price was £150 so it went down to £90 I'm still saving
Fully agree
Same but that's a lot to spend on 1 item
That's kinda buff still

Got a link? I need a new winter coat. It's not a lot of money it's better to invest in something that would actually last a while.
considering that my current jacket retails for £500 then £90 isn't a lot at all
Original post by jamesthehustler
considering that my current jacket retails for £500 then £90 isn't a lot at all

What jacket did you get? Don't say Canada Goose!!!
I've spent £295 on mine.

Yeah I do on Jack and Jones website I think it's £85 now yeah it's good to invest in something that will last
£500s a lot

Quick Reply

Latest