The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
Always angers me when people say Mental Illnesses are disabilities!
They're not (in my opinion) and more recognition is needed!
They're more common than most people realize and they're a serious matter!
We need to spread worldwide awareness for Mental Health and it needs to be taught in schools and workplaces!

And my MH is improving. Had lots of depressive down spells recently but have had 2.5 happy days currently (hoping the rest of today is also happy!)
The OCD is still the same though!

For some they can be disabilities though. And sometimes it's called that for legal reasons such as claiming benefits or student support such as PIP or DSA.

But I do agree with you on your other points of them being common and a serious matter.*
PIP assessment tomorrow. Urgh!
Original post by Tiger Rag

Best of luck :hugs: let me know how you get on. How you feeling about it?
Original post by Spock's Socks
Best of luck :hugs: let me know how you get on. How you feeling about it?

Thanks. I'm really nervous. Thankfully it's at home and I'll have my friend with me.
Original post by FireFreezer77
Always angers me when people say Mental Illnesses are disabilities!
They're not (in my opinion) and more recognition is needed!
They're more common than most people realize and they're a serious matter!
We need to spread worldwide awareness for Mental Health and it needs to be taught in schools and workplaces!

And my MH is improving. Had lots of depressive down spells recently but have had 2.5 happy days currently (hoping the rest of today is also happy!)
The OCD is still the same though!

In some ways they are though, since they do affect many of us in day to day life. You do have a point about more recognition needed.
Original post by Tiger Rag

You can do this!
Feeling so down and lost lately, everytime I try to get myself out of this, I fall right back. Need a break from life...
Not having a good night this evening. Got to be up at 4:30am for work as well fml.

**** this. **** everything.
Original post by Noodlzzz
For some they can be disabilities though. And sometimes it's called that for legal reasons such as claiming benefits or student support such as PIP or DSA.

But I do agree with you on your other points of them being common and a serious matter.*

Original post by Airmed
In some ways they are though, since they do affect many of us in day to day life. You do have a point about more recognition needed.

Ok that's true, did think that through what I said. My bad! Sorry!

And I'm glad you both agree about the recognition of it! There's just no where near enough awareness for it!
Original post by Midnightmemories
Not having a good night this evening. Got to be up at 4:30am for work as well fml.

**** this. **** everything.

Aw no!
I sure do hope things get better for you!
You do deserve all the best!
Even though you probably won't see this, I'm always here for you if you ever need someone!

:hugs: x infinity!
Having a bit of a nightmare at the moment, part of my ceiling collapsed due to leak that my landlord never repaired, had to get fire brigade to break into upstairs tenants flat to stop it, and when he came back the next morning at 6am he was knocking on my door screaming at me (even though fire brigade fixed the lock after but not the damage) then he woke me up at 8am again slamming his door and speaking to other tenants about how bad I was for calling fire brigade out and basically how hes a victim!

Im the one with holes so large in my ceiling that I can see the insulation and his floorboards, and walls black with heath damaging spores (already been coughing a lot and stinging eyes) and my landlord is making excuses at fixing it.

Yet hes the victim not me, at least he has a property he can use with no damage.
Original post by drbluebox
Having a bit of a nightmare at the moment, part of my ceiling collapsed due to leak that my landlord never repaired, had to get fire brigade to break into upstairs tenants flat to stop it, and when he came back the next morning at 6am he was knocking on my door screaming at me (even though fire brigade fixed the lock after but not the damage) then he woke me up at 8am again slamming his door and speaking to other tenants about how bad I was for calling fire brigade out and basically how hes a victim!

Im the one with holes so large in my ceiling that I can see the insulation and his floorboards, and walls black with heath damaging spores (already been coughing a lot and stinging eyes) and my landlord is making excuses at fixing it.

Yet hes the victim not me, at least he has a property he can use with no damage.

Id suggest going to CAB to get advice or the council

Posted from TSR Mobile
is there anyone here who goes to uni? i'm finding it so hard rn and i'm struggling to stay happy, just want to go home :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat
is there anyone here who goes to uni? i'm finding it so hard rn and i'm struggling to stay happy, just want to go home :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lots of us are at university here :smile: Have you just started?
Is there someone who can help me. I'm slipping back really bad and really fast and I'm scared.
Original post by Deyesy
Lots of us are at university here :smile: Have you just started?

yeah just started my lectures n all that yesterday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Malevolent
Is there someone who can help me. I'm slipping back really bad and really fast and I'm scared.

What's happening? Hope you are safe :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
What's happening? Hope you are safe :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How're you doing TLG? I felt really bad for you when you posted before. I hope you're feeling better or at least have a treatment plan for recent events. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
How're you doing TLG? I felt really bad for you when you posted before. I hope you're feeling better or at least have a treatment plan for recent events. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Things are pretty bad tbh: being triggered left, right and centre by uni peeps, including the disability office staff :facepalm: Not ideal. Am hiding indoors for the most part this week :frown:
Drs on Thursday for the first official time since moving back north at the end of may.

Contemplating asking for a lowered dose to taper off my meds as things in general are going much better for me now. But i dont know if theyll allow this as iv not been there before :s-smilie:

Also gonna ask for more investigations regarding my PCOS because things that side arnt good :s-smilie:

But other than that things are going good, im really enjoying work, and love my little flat and spending loads of time with my family. Including babysitting my nephew once a week which makes me super happy as he aways cheers me up!!

Found a job advert which is basically my ideal job that im currently filling in the application form for, but trying not to get my hopes up.

Went for a walk earlier as i live live 3 mins walk from the sea so walked down the prom, got chips and walked back and it was so nice, its the first time i did it since moving into this flat in July! And worked out once i got home it was 1.1 miles each way which is good and i didnt even really notice. Was just busy looking over the bay and at all the buildings! Though next time i may take headphones!!

Hope everyones good!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest