The Student Room Group

Britain MUST take in more refugees

It's appalling that we are stalling on this issue and failing to take in our fair share of refugees.

Even Tim Farron, leader of the Lib Dems, has said that an aid worker told him that Britain needed to "take some effing refugees" and that he is ashamed we aren't doing enough: http://win ww.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/aid-worker-told-tim-farron-britain-must-take-some-effing-refugees_uk_57e14996e4b0d584f7f2d0a3

Numerous celebs have also come out in support. Carey Mulligan has said she is ashamed to be British over our failures to take refugees: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/carey-mulligan-ashamed-to-be-british-over-uk-response-to-refugee-crisis_uk_57e10f13e4b028e52a120c58

We MUST help and take in more refugees.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nope.
Lol no we shouldn't
Reply 3
No.
What we should be doing is not invading unstable countries and then leaving the place in a mess. Secondly the government should be helping the thousands of homeless people across the UK. It makes me angry that our governments can send millions in foreign aid to corrupt overseas governments who do **** all for their own people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bassbabe
Lol no we shouldn't

Why?????
Original post by Iridocyclitis
Why?????

What do you think about what I posted?
too risky tbh, we don't want what happened in France to happen here. ISIS terrorists can easily pose as refugees .
(edited 7 years ago)
If the likes of Carey Mulligan are so bothered, stop virtue signalling and take some refugees in yourself. She's probably got about three mansions.
Reply 9
Why on earth must lefties be so insistent on spending other people's money? So what if you find it appalling, you don't speak for anyone but yourself and most people thankfully would not rather accommodate migrants in this country for a variety of reasons. It's not xenophobia or racism, it's an understanding of the fact that this is the wrong solution to the problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Refugees can take my place this country has nothing for me
No, it must not.
Anyone, or who believes this should be forced to take in a family of refugees themselves and be forced to pay for their keep. If they "care", so much this shouldn't be a problem right? When I say forced, I mean the next family that come will be dropped off at their house and they'll be forced by law to take them in.

They won't though as they'll be like:
"oh wait? What? I have to pay for them?, no no, I meant we should take them in but I shouldn't pay, someone else should!" Therefore, they are hypocrites and their opinion is mute.

Plus with millionaire Celebs and whoever this Carey person is, who's opinion doesn't actually matter, they will support this so they're seen as a "good person", and because they're mega rich , they won't have to deal with the consequences of it. The poor will have to.
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh yes celebrities are telling us to take in more refugees, let's listen to them because they are great examples for people to follow and not hypocritical at all.
We've already agreed to take 20,000 and i view that as 20,000 too many.

I'm personally fine with immigration in the hundreds of thousands but we should not willingly import the least educated and deprived people on the planet, especially when they are neither ethnically or culturally similar. If you want more people, let's take some Canadian immigrants.
Reply 15
good posts in this thread, proud of you lads
no we must NOT.
Take a few in yourself OP if your heart bleeds for them.
Original post by 303Pharma
Yeah. Importing millions of stone age, backward, racist, homophobic, misogynistic, religiously sociopaths into peaceful, law abiding, western classical liberal democracies is really going to work out well.

A majority of the British electorate just voted to leave Europe on the back of a backward, racist, xenophobic campaign run by lying, cowardly sociopaths.

I think you lot could learn A LOT from refugees.
Original post by the_porkburglar
Islamic immigration represents the influx of a highly criminal demographic. It's unfortunate, but the truth must count for something.

sweden.jpg

And because of a few bad apples (and bad integration efforts), you want to reject people fleeing from war and terror?

You, sir, are scum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending