The Student Room Group

Britain MUST take in more refugees

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zargabaath
Lol
Explain what a strawman fallacy is then explain what my strawman arguement is
(6 marks)

I don't need to explain anything to you. If you are so intelligent, you should know that yourself. Plus, how did your supposed 'argument' had anything to do with what I stated. To be honest, it was just nonsense. :wink:
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
*loose
*you've gone

That much for language skills.

I never said all, nor did the person I responded to. The article said 'the polls', by the way. For someone 'working towards a PhD', you seem awfully unintelligent.

I didn't complain about your language skill just they way your are playing fast an lose[SIC} with it (seem you failed to understand even that)

smears don't work and to be fair the opinion of a German on how we should treat immigrants is like getting health advice for the elderly from Harold Shipman :biggrin:
The problem is that accepting so called refugees will encourage people traffickers to attempt to bring more migrants/asylum seekers from north Africa/middle east via the Mediterranean. And the supply will never stop, the increasing success stories of migrants reaching Europe will filter back to native countries and will result in the next generation of migrants attempting the trip.

The migrants in general won't assimilate into Europeon culture and will create micro societies and ghettos as we've already seen. The people traffickers will use this to paint a luxurious picture to people wanting to move continents and describe it as just like living at home among your brethren, following Islamic culture and values as Europe bends over backwards to not offend but with the advantage of social housing, the best healthcare, education and clean air. The cycle won't stop unless a strong decision is made now about this whole crisis.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saba XD
I don't need to explain anything to you. If you are so intelligent, you should know that yourself. Plus, how did your supposed 'argument' had anything to do with what I stated. To be honest, it was just nonsense. :wink:

0 marks, Obvious lack of understanding. Apply yourself.
Nope.

But the likes of Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, UAE, Kuwait, Israel (lol joke) should take more in. After all they seem perfectly happy importing slave labour from India/Bangladesh/Indonesia/Phillippines etc.
0 marks, Obvious lack of understanding. Apply yourself.

I'm not here to please you. So, I don't really care what you think. :biggrin:
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;67685004"]I didn't complain about your language skill just they way your are playing fast an lose[SIC} with it (seem you failed to understand even that)

With another couple of grave spelling and grammar mistakes I would say you have thoroughly disqualified yourself from commenting on language. Typical Leave voter.

Original post by BaconandSauce
the opinion of a German on how we should treat immigrants is like getting health advice for the elderly from Harold Shipman :biggrin:

The opinion of someone from a nation that takes its human duty seriously and helps people in need while Britain shirks on its fair share and revels in its disgusting isolationism? You lot can learn a lot from Merkel.
Original post by Saba XD
I'm not here to please you. So, I don't really care what you think. :biggrin:

Wow, such a strong independent womyn
You tell them sister
Sounds pretty sexist tbh
I thought women wanted to be treated equally?

It doesn't matter if it's sexist, men were built to have sex and go to war, it's no accident that the vast majority of violent criminals are men, because that is what men have a natural drive to do. The Romans had a story called the rape of the Sabine women, where the male followers of Romulus abducted the female Sabines, these are not just stories, they are insights into the nature of humanity and what is natural behaviour in the event of invasions.

I find it ridiculous how much people on TSR try to ''logic'' everything and in doing so they forget just how much we are animals with instinct.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
It's not about how many people there are now, but how quickly the immigrant population has grown... The Muslim immigrants average 6-8 children per couple whereas Swedish couples average about 2... If it continues like this then Sweden will be completely overwhelmed by the next 2 generations. It used to be such a nice country but now all that is gonna be ruined.

You made various claims including it looked like pakistan, presumably because of the high ratio of immigrants.

You cna get an idea of that ratio by dividing the number of asylum seekers between the population of Germany. Germany has 80 million. How many refugees are there? The number of new refugees has fallen dramatically since the agreement with Turkey and change of strategy.

You have now changed your argument to talk about birth rates. The increase in population is due to them accepting refugees and not birth rates. The birth rate argument is based on simple extrapolation. A similar argument was used in the UK about the increase in muslims to be the majority in the UK.

The claim was shown to be completely flawed as it made a lot of assumptions that didnt hold up.

Birth rates fall closer to the rate of the country they are in.
You also dont mention that Germany invited so many because it has a declining popilation and it needs people as a workforce to do the work and pay the taxes to support the aging population.

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-will-britain-have-a-muslim-majority-by-2050/13690
I didn't complain about your language skill just they way your are playing fast an lose[SIC} with it (seem you failed to understand even that)

With another couple of grave spelling and grammar mistakes I would say you have thoroughly disqualified yourself from commenting on language. Typical Leave voter.

The opinion of someone from a nation that takes its human duty seriously and helps people in need while Britain shirks on its fair share and revels in its disgusting isolationism? You lot can learn a lot from Merkel.

'grave' you need to get over yourself (and you still don't understand the phrase do you)

Yes we can see how to **** over a country because some may feel a little guilty over the past slaughter of millions of people in gas chambers etc..

But I've been speaking to my German colleagues this morning and none of them are happy about what she has done so we will see the rise of the far right in your home country once again and we all know what happened last time.

So no lets not see her as any kind of example other than a bad one.
Reply 71
Original post by 999tigger

You also dont mention that Germany invited so many because it has a declining popilation and it needs people as a workforce to do the work and pay the taxes to support the aging population.

You're really naive if you think that these migrants will work in productive jobs.
Original post by BaconandSauce
'grave' you need to get over yourself (and you still don't understand the phrase do you)

Yes we can see how to **** over a country because some may feel a little guilty over the past slaughter of millions of people in gas chambers etc..

But I've been speaking to my German colleagues this morning and none of them are happy about what she has done so we will see the rise of the far right in your home country once again and we all know what happened last time.

So no lets not see her as any kind of example other than a bad one.

Germany is so sorry about it's past, it screws itself over by allowing in large numbers of people from the most antisemitic part of the world which then triggers further far-right nationalist activity.

You have to wonder just how sorry they really are, either way, Europe isn't our problem anymore.
Original post by Josb
You're really naive if you think that these migrants will work in productive jobs.

Well thats not soemthing you will have any data on till several years down the line. Have you got any data to show that given the opportunity and training they refuse?
You made various claims including it looked like pakistan, presumably because of the high ratio of immigrants.

You cna get an idea of that ratio by dividing the number of asylum seekers between the population of Germany. Germany has 80 million. How many refugees are there? The number of new refugees has fallen dramatically since the agreement with Turkey and change of strategy.

You have now changed your argument to talk about birth rates. The increase in population is due to them accepting refugees and not birth rates. The birth rate argument is based on simple extrapolation. A similar argument was used in the UK about the increase in muslims to be the majority in the UK.

There are areas in the UK where Muslims are already the majority. And 50 years ago there were hardly any. Imagine what it will be like 50 years in the future?

The point I'm making is that Europe is being taken over by the vastly growing Muslim population. One day the majority of all of Europe will be Muslim and the cities that we worked so hard to build will be ruined like Ilford, Slough, Wembley, Blackburn.
Reply 75
Well thats not soemthing you will have any data on till several years down the line. Have you got any data to show that given the opportunity and training they refuse?

You just have to look employment status of immigrants from the same area.
Original post by West Bank Spank
Germany is so sorry about it's past, it screws itself over by allowing in large numbers of people from the most antisemitic part of the world which then triggers further far-right nationalist activity.

You have to wonder just how sorry they really are, either way, Europe isn't our problem anymore.

yes

It's sad because I know plenty do not carry the guilt (nor should they)

but is seems some are happy to well and truly mess it up over their past
Original post by Iridocyclitis
It's appalling that we are stalling on this issue and failing to take in our fair share of refugees.

Even Tim Farron, leader of the Lib Dems, has said that an aid worker told him that Britain needed to "take some effing refugees" and that he is ashamed we aren't doing enough: http://win ww.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/aid-worker-told-tim-farron-britain-must-take-some-effing-refugees_uk_57e14996e4b0d584f7f2d0a3

Numerous celebs have also come out in support. Carey Mulligan has said she is ashamed to be British over our failures to take refugees: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/carey-mulligan-ashamed-to-be-british-over-uk-response-to-refugee-crisis_uk_57e10f13e4b028e52a120c58

We MUST help and take in more refugees.

No, you take 20.000 into your house :rolleyes:

Over 200+ countries why the **** should UK always be taking everybody.

Posted from TSR Mobile
like a dyslexic idiot.

and I'll leave it there:biggrin:
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
There are areas in the UK where Muslims are already the majority. And 50 years ago there were hardly any. Imagine what it will be like 50 years in the future?

The point I'm making is that Europe is being taken over by the vastly growing Muslim population. One day the majority of all of Europe will be Muslim and the cities that we worked so hard to build will be ruined like Ilford, Slough, Wembley, Blackburn.

Did you even bother to read the article? It goes into explaining birth rates. You clearly did not or failed to understand it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending