The Student Room Group

Best college to get skype interview as an international student

I am a international student applying to Oxford for Physics. Which college would i have the highest chance in getting a skype interview from ? How would the skype interview be organised ? At school or just me at home skyping ? Thanks
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
If the admissions tutors consider your application merits an interview, they will interview you, regardless of college. No college is more inclined to do interviews by Skype than any other.

The interview has to be in a controlled environment - where you can't have prompting or other help, or distractions. The commonest way of doing this is to arrange to have the interview at your school.
Reply 4
Original post by Estreth
If the admissions tutors consider your application merits an interview, they will interview you, regardless of college. No college is more inclined to do interviews by Skype than any other.

The interview has to be in a controlled environment - where you can't have prompting or other help, or distractions. The commonest way of doing this is to arrange to have the interview at your school.

Alright. What if i am not in my home country during the interview time ?
Reply 5
Original post by Estreth

But you could have the skype interview at home if you wanted to, right?
Reply 6
Original post by lyamlim97
Alright. What if i am not in my home country during the interview time ?

You'll have to discuss it with the college and see what the best arrangement is. But which college you apply to won't make any difference.
Reply 7
Original post by 123PC
But you could have the skype interview at home if you wanted to, right?

I think if it's possible to do it at your school, the college will prefer this even if you would rather do it at home, for the reasons above.
do well in the PAT and then worry about it
Reply 9
Original post by tanyapotter
do well in the PAT and then worry about it

I know. Thing is the tickets have already been bought. I just checked and found out the interview dates clashes with the last few days i wont be in my home country. Worst case is that they insist on me doing the interview at school. However it will be impossible as im not even in the country. No interview = No offer = wasted effort = disappointment.
Original post by lyamlim97
I know. Thing is the tickets have already been bought. I just checked and found out the interview dates clashes with the last few days i wont be in my home country. Worst case is that they insist on me doing the interview at school. However it will be impossible as im not even in the country. No interview = No offer = wasted effort = disappointment.

surely the worst case is that you don't do well enough on the PAT to get an interview?
Reply 11
Original post by tanyapotter
surely the worst case is that you don't do well enough on the PAT to get an interview?

Yeah. What i meant was worst case if i do get an interview. Id rather it be me not doing well enough on the PAT to get an interview than missing the interview which can be avoided.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending