The Student Room Group

Britain MUST take in more refugees

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
You just have to look employment status of immigrants from the same area.

And you dont think you are being simple simon by not looking at why some of them havent got jobs. They need permission to work, then they need training. A lot of them are specifically prevented from working until their claims are processed.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil

History will prove her right. Nobel Peace Prize in the making, while you're the laughing stock of Europe for not carrying your weight in this.

The only German guy I've spoken with said he's sad the UK is leaving the EU, since we were the only people who brought some semblance of sanity to the European parliament. :rofl: Might I remind you the only reason the EU is so keen to screw us over is because of the amount of people in countries like France, Germany, the Netherlands and certainly Greece who are starting to want to get out.

Anyway, keep doing what you're doing, we all admire you very much and one day you too can be seen as a great civilised, tolerant paradise like Canada or Sweden.

Original post by BaconandSauce
yes

It's sad because I know plenty do not carry the guilt (nor should they)

but is seems some are happy to well and truly mess it up over their past

Guilt isn't the actual reason, Germany is not a nation of rebels and radicals, it's a nation of conformists, when the leader says jump, they say how high. Japan is similar, as much as I admire them, contrast this with right-wing Americans, who positively hate the government and the idea that the leader should have any authority over them. People need to get out of this mentality that they need the government to wipe their asses and make decisions for them and develop a pioneering frontier mentality.
Original post by 999tigger
Did you even bother to read the article? It goes into explaining birth rates. You clearly did not or failed to understand it.

We should be trying to increase our own birthrate by removing feminist influence from our lands. Also birthrates are not a long-term issue given the rise in A.I. and increased automation and besides, if the migrants do have high levels of unemployment then they will make the pressures of an aging population worse by demanding housing and benefits rather than better.
Original post by West Bank Spank
The only German guy I've spoken with said he's sad the UK is leaving the EU, since we were the only people who brought some semblance of sanity to the European parliament. :rofl:

Thanks for pointing out yourself how anecdotal -and thereby irrelevant- your observation is, saved me a few keystrokes.

Might I remind you the only reason the EU is so keen to screw us over is because of the amount of people in countries like France, Germany, the Netherlands and certainly Greece who are starting to want to get out.

No, it's really to punish you lot for your betrayal of the European idea for selfish, nationalist, and xenophobic motives. There are big majorities for remaining in the EU in all the countries you cite.
We should be trying to increase our own birthrate by removing feminist influence from our lands. Also birthrates are not a long-term issue given the rise in A.I. and increased automation and besides, if the migrants do have high levels of unemployment then they will make the pressures of an aging population worse by demanding housing and benefits rather than better.

Think you will find the birth rate is lower becayse bringing up kids is expensive and a lot of effort. Nothing to do with feminism.

Birth rates are an issue if your country does not have enough workers to support an ageing population.

Migrants are ofc unemployed when they arrive, so you have to look longer term as they get jobs and become part of the workforce. That could take several years. The UK doesnt have a faliing population, but Germany does.
Did you even bother to read the article? It goes into explaining birth rates. You clearly did not or failed to understand it.

Yes I did but there's a lot of things wrong with it, one: it's based on self-report of people who identify themselves as Muslims.... not all of them filled in the report, if I had to guess I'd say it was less than half of all the Muslims actually filled in that data because there are loads that don't speak English or just don't care about census or are living here illegally. Also it's from 2013 which was just before the massive influx of migrants.

Either way, you're not even worth arguing with because you clearly enjoy this a lot more than I do.... sad wasteman
Think you will find the birth rate is lower becayse bringing up kids is expensive and a lot of effort. Nothing to do with feminism.

Birth rates are an issue if your country does not have enough workers to support an ageing population.

Migrants are ofc unemployed when they arrive, so you have to look longer term as they get jobs and become part of the workforce. That could take several years. The UK doesnt have a faliing population, but Germany does.

My grandfather was born into a ****ing slum and he had a tonne of brothers and sisters, his parents were so poor he had bow legs from bad nutrition. It's only lower middle class weirdos who think a tough life is not having a second car who believe that raising children is too expensive. Obviously there is the issue of food, but after that, the main thing the children need is care and nurturing which only costs your time.

Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil

No, it's really to punish you lot for your betrayal of the European idea for selfish, nationalist, and xenophobic motives. There are big majorities for remaining in the EU in all the countries you cite.

I can see it now, Merkel in her tight leather black uniform with her riding crop, coming over to ''punish'' me for being selfish and xenophobic, she gets out her gag ready to ensure I never use my mouth to promote right-wing politics again, then I ask to see her visa and suddenly she starts wailing and her skin begins to peel and all which is left on the floor is a pile of dust and her shoes.
I think that we need to bottle flip more because it puts the unity in community
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Yes I did but there's a lot of things wrong with it, one: it's based on self-report of people who identify themselves as Muslims.... not all of them filled in the report, if I had to guess I'd say it was less than half of all the Muslims actually filled in that data because there are loads that don't speak English or just don't care about census or are living here illegally. Also it's from 2013 which was just before the massive influx of migrants.

Either way, you're not even worth arguing with because you clearly enjoy this a lot more than I do.... sad wasteman

Actually its just facepalm at the quality of your arguments, they are incorrect.
Clearly the article shows that muslim birth rates are faloing around the world and they also fall towards the average birth rate of the country they are in. You clearlu didnt bother to read it otherwise youd see the research wasnt just based on the census but on worldwide demographics by academics.

Even in the case of the census there are ways they compensate for people not filling it in.

Dont enjoy it at all, but find it depressing when people spout rubbish that is untrue and comes from their own lack of understanding. In your case false claims about just how many refugees there are and scaremongering about birth rates.

The total fertility rate among Muslim women is almost always higher than that of the native population, but “with the passage of time Muslim fertility moves closer to the fertility of the majority of the population in the respective countries”
Believing both that Islam is a problem and that we haven't taken in enough refugees aren't mutually exclusive/opposed sentiments.

The problem is overcoming it. For every aid convoy heartlessly attacked, you'll have thousands who will take advantage.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by al_94
Refugees can take my place this country has nothing for me

Judging by most of your previous posts on here, Syria seems more your kinda place anyway*
And you dont think you are being simple simon by not looking at why some of them havent got jobs. They need permission to work, then they need training. A lot of them are specifically prevented from working until their claims are processed.

I can vouch for that. :yep: It says on their 'ARC cards' that forbidden from taking employment.
Original post by mavrick388
Um yes we should- after all, we're the ones who contributed to ****ING THESE PEOPLES' COUNTRIES. #WESTRTHEREALTERRORISTS

You don't even have the faintest idea about the war in Syria do you?*
It's only anecdotal and only one person, but I have a French friend who is a multi millionaire. He spends his time between Paris and Perth in Western Australia. He invented some sort of Surround Sound. He told me a few months ago via Skype that he and ALL his French friends were completely and utterly sick of migrants. He said he personally did not know of one person who thought France, and indeed the whole of Europe welcoming more refugees in was a good or positive idea. He told me how jealous he was the UK was allowed to have a Referendum on whether to stay in or leave the EU. He messaged me on Facebook the day after the Referendum,congratulating me on the Leave result. He told me he hopes one day France will get a Referendum too,and he hoped it would be as soon as possible. Again, this is just one person. But he is a highly intelligent,very successful man who,along with all [and he emphasised all ] his friends were thoroughly sick of not only the migrants but the whole EU experiment.
Reply 94

I'm speaking of normal immigrants from the Middle East, not refugees. They don't have good employment status even after several generations in Western Europe. It will not be different this time.
Reply 95
Original post by markova21
It's only anecdotal and only one person, but I have a French friend who is a multi millionaire. He spends his time between Paris and Perth in Western Australia. He invented some sort of Surround Sound. He told me a few months ago via Skype that he and ALL his French friends were completely and utterly sick of migrants. He said he personally did not know of one person who thought France, and indeed the whole of Europe welcoming more refugees in was a good or positive idea. He told me how jealous he was the UK was allowed to have a Referendum on whether to stay in or leave the EU. He messaged me on Facebook the day after the Referendum,congratulating me on the Leave result. He told me he hopes one day France will get a Referendum too,and he hoped it would be as soon as possible. Again, this is just one person. But he is a highly intelligent,very successful man who,along with all [and he emphasised all ] his friends were thoroughly sick of not only the migrants but the whole EU experiment.

Not all migrants, only Muslim/unskilled ones.
Original post by KimKallstrom
You don't even have the faintest idea about the war in Syria do you?*

Are you denying the west didnt contribute to the refugee crisis and the rise of IS?
Original post by Josb
I'm speaking of normal immigrants from the Middle East, not refugees. They don't have good employment status even after several generations in Western Europe. It will not be different this time.

If you want to link me up to some studies, then they will explain the reasons why this might be the case. You cna then isolate which factors are the responsibility of the immigrants and which are not.

This thread is about refugees btw.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
They're not fleeing war, they're fleeing France.

To be fair, most of the Paris banlieue could pass for a war zone...
they aren't even refugees!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending