The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
If it goes above 420, then include dropped AS and extra A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got off the phone with DB and thought I'd share some stuff:

Apparently after the tests, they hand out auto-fail emails if you didn't meet the benchmark for the numerical, so hopefully that's good news for some of us waiting.
Someone on here said the first rounds will be around October, she said it varies for division and it is usually towards the end of the year but can be around October AKA she doesn't know.
I'm doing the virtual cover letter for Blackrock today :redface: I heard its just two motivational questions - on another forum someone said it was "why are you a good fit for blackrock" and "how will your degree choice help your professional career". Any insight guys?
Reply 2883
Original post by Commercial Paper
****ing hell. What about the other Big 4? Why do they fill up so quickly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

PwC will open deals grad roles in mid October and close mid November.
EY have been extremely slow with giving out invites to tests. But i remember last year they had some grad roles within TS outside London still not filled up by May/June.
Original post by Dante991
Honestly mate RBS arent even worth the time this year, may as concentrate your efforts elsewhere

Why would you say they aren't worth the time? Just curious
What tests for PwC?
Original post by A12R34
What tests for PwC?

For most divisions: numerical, inductive (logical) and personality.
Barclays HR number: 01202648484, I'm going to call them after my Blackrock cover letter thing to talk about the whole feedback stuff and when I get my results lol
Anyone done an interview with Freshminds for Gleacher?
Just sat Nomura's logical. I found it really hard. Anyone knows if they send you an automatic rejection if you failed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egdargi
Just sat Nomura's logical. I found it really hard. Anyone knows if they send you an automatic rejection if you failed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You get a rejection email within 48 hours if you failed
Original post by egdargi

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea, after doing the tests I go this email:

" Thank you for completing the final online test. Your results have been captured and your application to Nomura has been submitted. We appreciate the time you have taken to complete the application and tests.
We will be reviewing your qualifications and experience in relation to the role you have applied to and will be in contact with you in the coming weeks."
No idea, after doing the tests I go this email:

" Thank you for completing the final online test. Your results have been captured and your application to Nomura has been submitted. We appreciate the time you have taken to complete the application and tests.
We will be reviewing your qualifications and experience in relation to the role you have applied to and will be in contact with you in the coming weeks."

I must have failed then cause I didn't get this email. Did you get it straight after or after a while?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egdargi
I must have failed then cause I didn't get this email. Did you get it straight after or after a while?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Straight, I literally just got another email this second from them:

"
Nomura - Application Under Review

Re : 2017 Global Markets - Summer Analyst Internship - London

Thank you for your interest in Nomura.

Your application has been successfully submitted and is currently under review.

Kind Regards

The Nomura Graduate Recruitment Team
"
Just got off the phone with DB and thought I'd share some stuff:

Apparently after the tests, they hand out auto-fail emails if you didn't meet the benchmark for the numerical, so hopefully that's good news for some of us waiting.
Someone on here said the first rounds will be around October, she said it varies for division and it is usually towards the end of the year but can be around October AKA she doesn't know.

Thank you !
I indeed dit not receive any rejection message so that sounds quite good !
Barclays HR number: 01202648484, I'm going to call them after my Blackrock cover letter thing to talk about the whole feedback stuff and when I get my results lol

Let us know what barclays say
Reply 2896
Original post by e^x
PwC will open deals grad roles in mid October and close mid November.
EY have been extremely slow with giving out invites to tests. But i remember last year they had some grad roles within TS outside London still not filled up by May/June.

Just got an email from PwC hr:

'There isn't going to be a corporate finance vacancy in London this year at present'

Just business services, valuations and transactions services it is then for Deals
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ox2018
Let us know what barclays say

He gave me an expired number the nonce, called him back and he gave me this email: [email protected]
JPM sent out first wave of rejections.
Original post by networx
JPM sent out first wave of rejections.

:redface: Do you know of any people that got rejected and when they applied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending