The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeorgeB16
Why? What's so bad about it? :frown:

Classmates are so-so,2 of my best friends(One of which was my first-ever friend) have already left,It's a school for grade 1 to 12 so there are always kids running around(Sometimes it's annoying when you're stressed or something,I don't have anything against kids),There is barely any discipline so you can imagine the type of crowd,I was bullied for a few years by this guy who is still around(Not bullying me anymore,I tend to avoid him) which caused(?) me to have social anxiety(Partially?),You can imagine the troubles in school if you have that. :redface:
Original post by OnTheHorizon
Classmates are so-so,2 of my best friends(One of which was my first-ever friend) have already left,It's a school for grade 1 to 12 so there are always kids running around(Sometimes it's annoying when you're stressed or something,I don't have anything against kids),There is barely any discipline so you can imagine the type of crowd,I was bullied for a few years by this guy who is still around(Not bullying me anymore,I tend to avoid him) which caused(?) me to have social anxiety(Partially?),You can imagine the troubles in school if you have that. :redface:

Oh my God! It sounds a right nightmare! It's a bit too late to think about moving anywhere else so just get your head down, work hard, get those great grades and you'll be out of there before you know it! I feel so sorry for you, it must be awful :frown:
Original post by GeorgeB16
Oh my God! It sounds a right nightmare! It's a bit too late to think about moving anywhere else so just get your head down, work hard, get those great grades and you'll be out of there before you know it! I feel so sorry for you, it must be awful :frown:

Haha it's not as bad as it was in previous years so I'm doing fine.When I look back I mostly just cringe and not depress.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OnTheHorizon
Haha it's not as bad as it was in previous years so I'm doing fine.When I look back I mostly just cringe and not depress.

That's good! Just keep your chin up and this year will fly by :smile:
Original post by Bright_Gift
I've been to Imperial. It was amazing! All the building are modern and the campus has a nice feel to it. The accomodation are pretty neat too! And the sport centre and the library are awesome! I want to go there so bad. What course do you wanna do there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wanted to do a biology/chemistry degree I'm still unsure. What about you?? Also what grades are you predicted I'm scared that I have grades which are too low.
Original post by Chief_98
you with AQA by any chance?

No, edexcel- I'm doing Nazi Germany, Mussolini's Italy and British warfare 1790-1918
Original post by Qmwnebrv
No, edexcel- I'm doing Nazi Germany, Mussolini's Italy and British warfare 1790-1918

ahh man, im doing nazi Germany too! but with tudors which is a bore
ahh man, im doing nazi Germany too! but with tudors which is a bore

on AQA? I'm doing exactly the same!
Finished my UCAS application today and now it has been sent back to my referee to check over. I'm preparing myself for my five predictions now! :redface:
Sent off my personal statement to my Biology teacher today, to be checked over. She said she's never read such a good PS in all her years of teaching, and there's nothing she can do to improve it.

I'm applying for biochemistry/ molecular medicine. I must say, I'm very happy right now :biggrin::colondollar::u:
Original post by PhyM23
Hi! I've just finished year 13 so if anyone has any questions about what it's like etc. then please feel free to ask :smile:

Hi. I am currently in year 13 and I am 2 weeks into school but I already feel the pressure from my parents and myself about the year. I feel like it will not be far away until i will sit for my A2 and after doing maths AS level as my unreformed subject only and got a B and for my reformed subjects physics I have a predicted grade B and chemistry I have a prediction of C I feel that my chances of getting into uni to do mechanical engineering are low and I am very stressed right now.
How did you deal with pressure when you were in year 13 doing your A2.
Feeling so upset and stressed out about A2 and AS for the exams this year plus PS :frown: how can I get over this feeling and how should revsvion be ? How many hrs a day
Original post by Laura1526
I wanted to do a biology/chemistry degree I'm still unsure. What about you?? Also what grades are you predicted I'm scared that I have grades which are too low.

My predicted grades are A* A* A
I'm applying there for Medicine. Everything crossed.
Original post by t.thompson22
Sent off my personal statement to my Biology teacher today, to be checked over. She said she's never read such a good PS in all her years of teaching, and there's nothing she can do to improve it.

I'm applying for biochemistry/ molecular medicine. I must say, I'm very happy right now :biggrin::colondollar::u:

Well done! What unis are yoy applying to for your course?
Original post by amygracebroad
on AQA? I'm doing exactly the same!

AQA as well! :biggrin:!
Original post by Bright_Gift
Well done! What unis are yoy applying to for your course?

Thank you!! UCL, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester & Warwick.
I'm actually so annoyed I don't find out my LNAT score until after UCAS deadlines bc I want to do strategic choices based on it but I can't so I dunno whether to apply for one or two unis requiring it as part of the application
Same!!
AQA as well! :biggrin:!

Same here!
so historians are we going to make a group? could help each other out massively :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest