The Student Room Group

EU protection racket threatens to kneecap England

Scroll to see replies

This is boring, dogma is boring. I never voted for any promised land. We'll see how it pans out. I think the EU is doomed, pointless talking about how much better it is than the UK until you can prove it. Still curious, why Norway and Switzerland are the richest in Europe outside the EU - again you make the rather obtuse argument thta they retain free movement, as though this some how proves the validity of the EU. All it shows is that less EU and more national sovereignty has made two very different countries a lot richer and higher in quality of life than other places in Europe.
The fact that you actually spend time on this nonsense...makes we wonder. Do you even know what straw man and false dilemmas are? OR you think throwing around terms that TSR loves to abuse will give more weight to your argument?
Original post by yudothis
What is amusing is that you don't want to accept that a) Brexiters don't have consensus, never had and b) that the majority of people who voted Brexit do actually fit that description rather well.

Er, are you trying to argue against the clear consensus that the majority of voters wanted to leave the EU? There was this little thing called the referendum, you see, held on June 23rd; I'm sure you knew of it...

Do you have any evidence to substantiate the claim that Leave voters are racist then? Any actual statisitcal evidence?

Countless polls have been conducted that have found the number 1 reason for voting to leave was to regain parliamentary sovereignty and repatriation of our law-making. That's a fact, you see, not a mindless narrative-driven assertion to suit your confirmation bias.*
Original post by midnightice
Er, are you trying to argue against the clear consensus that the majority of voters wanted to leave the EU? There was this little thing called the referendum, you see, held on June 23rd; I'm sure you knew of it...

Do you have any evidence to substantiate the claim that Leave voters are racist then? Any actual statisitcal evidence?

Countless polls have been conducted that have found the number 1 reason for voting to leave was to regain parliamentary sovereignty and repatriation of our law-making. That's a fact, you see, not a mindless narrative-driven assertion to suit your confirmation bias.*

And all 52% of people had a common view of what post-Brexit England would look like?
And all 52% of people had a common view of what post-Brexit England would look like?

Why do you people find the notion of a referendum so hard to understand?

We voted to leave the EU. That was all.*The poll card did not give any specific details; it was a clear in/out.

The referendum gave the government a mandate to leave the EU, nothing else, nothing more. The actual process of leaving is up to the Department for Exiting the EU; the wider public's opinion is now irrelevant.*
Original post by midnightice
Why do you people find the notion of a referendum so hard to understand?

We voted to leave the EU. That was all.*The poll card did not give any specific details; it was a clear in/out.

The referendum gave the government a mandate to leave the EU, nothing else, nothing more. The actual process of leaving is up to the Department for Exiting the EU; the wider public's opinion is now irrelevant.*

It was relevant to the debate that was going on. You just jumped in mid debate saw something you thought you could attack and went for it. Without thinking. As usual on this site.
It was relevant to the debate that was going on. You just jumped in mid debate saw something you thought you could attack and went for it. Without thinking. As usual on this site.

How is this relevant to the point I just made that the referendum was a mere mandate to leave the EU and therefore that's the only consensus you can derive from the result? You're going off on a tangent.
Yeah, it means exactly that. And having suffered through reading your error-strewn nonsense, I am pretty sure now you wouldn't even get into a university outside the UK.

I am done with you.

1) What you talking about again
2) I'm sure I can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending