The Student Room Group

LLB law or BA Sociology?

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by billy_k
So I want to be an American attorney, so before I apply to the Harvard JD degree, I need a bachelors degree. I cannot choose between law and sociology.

Law:
- I will be able to call my self Mr Billy, LLB JD (dual accreditation)
- shows passion for law

Sociology:
- Makes me more diverse for the JD degree
- Won't have to study same thing twice.

What do you guys think?

I wish you every luck in applying to Harvard - . However , whichever degree you decide to do you would have to ace it and it would need to be from a reputable University . I know a few who have had this ambition and only one who succeeded . They did Law at Oxbridge gaining a triple 1st and finished top of their year for 3 consecutive years . They went to Harvard on a scholarship otherwise the cost is ridiculous . They also found the US job market very competitive and are now practising in London . You would be applying to perhaps the most prestigious , competitive Law school in the world who take the very best , and having a lot of Daddy's money also helps . Good luck
Original post by Albcat28
I wish you every luck in applying to Harvard - . However , whichever degree you decide to do you would have to ace it and it would need to be from a reputable University . I know a few who have had this ambition and only one who succeeded . They did Law at Oxbridge gaining a triple 1st and finished top of their year for 3 consecutive years . They went to Harvard on a scholarship otherwise the cost is ridiculous . They also found the US job market very competitive and are now practising in London . You would be applying to perhaps the most prestigious , competitive Law school in the world who take the very best , and having a lot of Daddy's money also helps . Good luck

Hello thank you for the response, however I have found some flaws in your answer. A JD graduate from Harvard will have great connections, there is no way that they would not be able to find work in the states (check out the international JD prospectus). Secondly, the reputation of your undergraduate does not matter much. If you go on the Harvard Law site, you will see that they take students from over 188 different institutions. The admissions committee head I spoke to, told me that the ranking of the school does not matter as much, it is how well you use their resources to your advantage and how well you perform against fellow students.

Other than that, please feel free to actually answer the question :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending