The Student Room Group

.,()

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
If it's killing you, find a better option before you decide to drop out i.e employment, apprenticeships, part time employment before your next choice for a course the following year. If you can withstand the "torture", live through it.
Original post by Datalwo
I do NOT want to do it at all and I can't even change it now! Do I need to suffer for the whole year before I can do something else next year?? Any advice please? Cheers.

How can you hate its been at most a week? most of which is just induction?
Original post by Datalwo
I do NOT want to do it at all and I can't even change it now! Do I need to suffer for the whole year before I can do something else next year?? Any advice please? Cheers.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you current circumstances, what don't you like, and why don't you like it? Do you have any other aspirations or ideas in mind? What are your courses, and do you think there's a factor stressing you that's out of your control? If you really don't like it, there may be some options.
Original post by Datalwo
Lol what? I think a mod moved this to uni. I'm at college not uni!

Fear not then simply speak to admissions or exam people or your college council. They will let you swap for another subject i knew loads who switched months into the course so just speak with them youll be fine
Original post by Datalwo
It's too practical and my skills are shockingly poor. I don't even get helped and I don't enjoy it and it's boring. I just can't and do not want to do it.

First think of all the possible options and back-up plans. And keep being persistent and stubborn. It would be a failure on the part of the education system to make you do something you don't want to do for a whole year. If you think you're well in you're rights to switch, like if it's been a week, first speak to the teachers and everyone again, then if they don't listen, maybe try the HR or other department who can help you and maybe take some drastic action idk...
Original post by Datalwo
It's been just over 3 weeks 😬

That's not too far in! for a year long course! You'll need to convince them you can really work and have the work ethic necessary to be able to switch maybe.
Reply 7
Dude you havent even started it really...

Either way you could just withdraw youd likely get most if not all of your loan back.
Trust me that this could work and usually does - get your parents/guardians/older siblings or someone WITH you. That will throw them off. Then lunge in with powerful persuation if they're that insistent on not letting you change course. But think very carefully - it seems strange that you went for a course but then didn't enjoy it - maybe that's just me, but I can understand how something like that may happen from time to time.
Bad luck. :colonhash:
what course are you doing?
talk to the quangos that deal with higher education or the government ministry department that deals with higher education

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending