The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tau
When are the exam dates usually released?

I actually rang The number you can find it with some googling and asked this direct question, because due to exam clashes if i sit step this year it may affect the modules i sit so was important to fine out.

They told me they were hoping to have the dates confirmed by the end of the year. So Zacken's answer seems about right.
Original post by Luke7456
I actually rang The number you can find it with some googling and asked this direct question, because due to exam clashes if i sit step this year it may affect the modules i sit so was important to fine out.

They told me they were hoping to have the dates confirmed by the end of the year. So Zacken's answer seems about right.

If your only doing maths and physics it always misses(unless some next random board). However Chem/econ etc thennyou could easily be clashed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
If your only doing maths and physics it always misses(unless some next random board). However Chem/econ etc thennyou could easily be clashed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am doing maths Further maths and then either statistics A level or additional further maths.

But what I may do is Maths further maths Statistics and then an AS in additional further maths depends on how fast I am able to go etc, and also one exam clashes if there are any.

its a tough one because AQA statistics does not have a specific textbook and I had to find a book which covers the material but is not specifically written for AQA. However I am probably in the same situation for the further Mechanics units which I may sit anyway but would have to sit if i did additional further maths.

I have no tutor I am all self taught, which makes my A level choices limited because English or philosophy etc would not have a way of knowing if good essay or not without been marked. maths just practice past exam papers and you know where you stand.
Reply 163
Original post by Zacken
Either in November or end of Jan, I've forgotten.

Thank you Zacken :smile:

Hopefully, I've already got a couple of Maths clashes I think

Original post by Luke7456

Have you looked at Physics? It should be relatively easy to self-teach. Talk to @Zacken, he self-studied all of his exams.
Original post by Tau

Have you looked at Physics? It should be relatively easy to self-teach. Talk to @Zacken, he self-studied all of his exams.

don't you need to do coursework for Psychics? and do an assessed experiment?

also if I am doing quite a few mechanics units wouldn't it look bad as in a bit cheeky because overlap of material in mechanics modules and in psychics modules. This is why If I do the statistics A level with AQA I wouldn't then sit statistics modules if/when doing maths exams with Excel because surely that doesn't look good?
Reply 165
Original post by Tau

Hopefully, I've already got a couple of Maths clashes I think

Happens to a lot of people every year, it's because of how many maths modules there are.
Original post by Zacken
Happens to a lot of people every year, it's because of how many maths modules there are.

It is the one and only C1

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is the one and only C1

Posted from TSR Mobile

C1? Triggered

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76

C1 is the ****ing bomb mate.
Sick module

Posted from TSR Mobile
C1 is the ****ing bomb mate.
Sick module

Posted from TSR Mobile

**** was hard bro. WTF even is a circle

Posted from TSR Mobile
**** was hard bro. WTF even is a circle

Posted from TSR Mobile

A circle is defined as the locus of a point equidistant from a fixed point.
Original post by Injective

So... like a sphere?
Original post by EricPiphany
So... like a sphere?

Lol, btw I know he is joking. :wink:
Lol, btw I know he is joking. :wink:

Maths is weird.
So... like a sphere?

Is the sphere like the surface at a constant distance from a central point in any Euclidean space(so not just in 3D space).
Maths is weird.

Well the definition I've just given you makes sense to me - I can visualise that.
Is the sphere like the surface at a constant distance from a central point in any Euclidean space(so not just in 3D space).

I think they like to call those 'balls'. Which is fine by me.
A ball contains the insides though...

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I think they like to call those 'balls'. Which is fine by me.
A ball contains the insides though...

unit sphere in Re^3 is equal to the set

{(x,y,z)∈R3∣x^2+y^2+z^2=1}

the unit ball in Re^3 is equal to the set
{(x,y,z)∈R3∣x^2+y^2+z^2≤1}.
(edited 7 years ago)

Remember to mention what dimensions it lives in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remember to mention what dimensions it lives in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Two dimensions.

Latest

Trending

Trending