The Student Room Group

Britain MUST take in more refugees

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
Those other muslim countries, haven't taken a single refugee. They said it would be too big a risk to let them in! Arab emirates and Saudi arabia for example.

Given how Saudi, Qatar and UAE treat - often fellow Muslim- migrant workers (except for those with high-end skills) worse than dogs I doubt they'd want to go there anyway.*
Original post by Saba XD
I'm a muslim and yes I am ashamed of those muslim countries. :redface:

Countries like Yemen, Saudi and Qatar are so much more closer to Syria than Germany. Hardly Islamic to reject a fellow Muslim in need :/

Original post by john2054
Those other muslim countries, haven't taken a single refugee. They said it would be too big a risk to let them in! Arab emirates and Saudi arabia for example.

Wouldn't some people love to live in Saudi because of how religious it is? I don't get the logic of some migrants. Barely any have gone to other Muslim countries.
I have an idea. Everybody who wants to help the economic migrants, leave the UK and countries where the people dont want it, move to a country that does and buy a house and invite some to live of your pay cheque. Sorted, everybody wins
Reply 123
Original post by BasharAssad
too risky tbh, we don't want what happened in France to happen here. ISIS terrorists can easily pose as refugees .

Oh please the majority of these terrorist nut jobs are already in the respective countries. Nothing is worse than these bloody converts.
Original post by 999tigger
And you dont think you are being simple simon by not looking at why some of them havent got jobs. They need permission to work, then they need training. A lot of them are specifically prevented from working until their claims are processed.

Noting to do with being illiterate in their own language let alone German or English. Racist white Germans keeping em down amirite? Would all be Engineers and doctors if they had just a week of white privilege amirite?
if celebs want to then let them move them it to their £10,000,000 mansion and see if they change their minds and lib Dems are totally dead most main parties are now other then maybe the greens and UKIP
This topic is so controversial because seeking asylum is a human right, and Britain can help. We, as humans, should have the basic courtesy to help them. However, it has also been evident that crime rates have increased in Germany due to the influx of refugees, and many of it is done by the refugees so yeah.
Original post by Mvine001
I think we should continue to take refugees in. If they fled a war, we can't just tell them to go home because then we are just as bad as their home country. Accept them. A Greek Island can recieve over 40,000 refugees a week. Most of these head for the UK. We could spoil the reputation we have held for years as a peaceful, caring nation.

God damnit are you telling us the 1500 Rotherham children were abused and destroyed for nothing?? I thought it was a good sacrifice given the glowing tolerance points it gave us but now im disappointed
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Noting to do with being illiterate in their own language let alone German or English. Racist white Germans keeping em down amirite? Would all be Engineers and doctors if they had just a week of white privilege amirite?

That is completely nonsensical. Try writing in full sentences. Also try and read the whole thread and you will see what the discussion was about. You display no evidence of that.
Reply 129
Let the EU deal with it. We'll only take in more refugees if it helps with our EU negotiations. When they enter Europe they're perfectly safe, there's no reason for them to come to the UK, France and Germany will gladly accept them. We've done so much for Europe I honestly feel that for once we should let them handle their own crisis

Nothing against the refugees, I have no problem with us taking in refugees directly from Syria as we're currently doing but I don't think we should take in ANY from Europe.
Original post by mavrick388
Libya is now in a worse state
Iraq is now in a worse state
Palestine is no longer a state...

You're just making it up as you go along.

You started with "Britain ruined these countries by invading and leaving them worse":

Iraq
Syria
Libya
Palestine

Syria - obviously you dropped because we didn't invade
Libya - apparently in a worse state - we didn't invade
Iraq - really? Worse? So prior to the second Gulf War, you think Iraq was on the up and up? They hadn't just finished a ten year war with Iran?
Palestine - which planet are you getting these signals from? There wasn't a country to invade. We left. Started up Israel (which you obv don't like the sound of) and then that country got invaded by all its neighbours - Syria, Egypt and Iraq did the invading - not Britain.
Original post by Trinculo
You're just making it up as you go along.

You started with "Britain ruined these countries by invading and leaving them worse":

Iraq
Syria
Libya
Palestine

Syria - obviously you dropped because we didn't invade
Libya - apparently in a worse state - we didn't invade
Iraq - really? Worse? So prior to the second Gulf War, you think Iraq was on the up and up? They hadn't just finished a ten year war with Iran?
Palestine - which planet are you getting these signals from? There wasn't a country to invade. We left. Started up Israel (which you obv don't like the sound of) and then that country got invaded by all its neighbours - Syria, Egypt and Iraq did the invading - not Britain.

You could include Syrian Kurdistan although not actually a country, we enticed them to fight IS and yes with help of coalition airstrikes, they did well liberating many city's from ISIS but shortly after liberating Manbij we took Turkey's advice and turned against the Syrian Kurds.

We stopped the airstrikes that protected Kurds from IS, we then told them to stop attacking IS and to retreat back across the Euphrates to Kobane.
We stood back while Turkey shelled and launched airstrikes against the Kurds in Syria and on the other side, IS shelled the Kurds and took back the land they lost to the Kurds with no doubt horrific vengeance against people who'd be liberated a month or so ago, the same people who were seen removing beards, burning the IS flag and burning their burkas in public will be back under IS control. We're not even doing anything to protect these people because Turkey says we shouldn't .

So what good did we do for the Syrian Kurds? In 6 months or so ISIS will once again be attacking and besieging Kobane like in 2014. We told them to fight IS and then stopped supporting them now they are on their own while IS seeks revenge.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bassbabe
Lol no we shouldn't

But you look mixed race lmaooo that means one of your parents are from here 😂😂if u told them to come in you wouldn't exist
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
'According to the polls, university graduates were the most likely people to want to remain in the EU - while those with a GCSE or equivalent as their highest qualification were more likely to back Brexit.'
(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/)

Congrats, you stand united with uneducated xenophobes, racists, and nationalists. Fact.

Oh god, see he proves your point wrong, he isn't uneducated as hes already got a masters and undergraduate degree, yet he voted leave? hmm strange, i think you should do some in depth reading of Voltaire and learn to accept other people's views without judging them so harshly, its hypocritical at best. =)
Your comment sounds so not genuine- you sound like a robot ffs. And what are these 'alternatives'?

Aha please open your eyes and look more clearly, the alternatives are refugee camps which are in a stable area and are funded by Western countries rather than them moving to the UK. Much thanks
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Oh, that is a proven fact.

I do have taken 'into side the other point of view' and have rejected it as inhumane and highly xenophobic - as every decent human would.

I voted leave for 3 main reasons, i dislike the establishment that is the EU and i think if we remain we would be sucked into a European superstate of which would be a bad thing for us, Self determination and political sovereignty are other reasons and finally i think Britain should forge its own unique place in the world, outside of the EU.
As you can see not one of my motives had anything at all to do with immigration or 'xenophobia', i have proved your point wrong two times today.
Original post by Iridocyclitis
Why?????

Because there are plenty of other countries that are perfectly safe for refugees. They only want to come here for the benefits. We should be giving houses to the homeless, not barbaric people who's mentalities are stuck in the 14th century.
Original post by Rohina123
But you look mixed race lmaooo that means one of your parents are from here 😂😂if u told them to come in you wouldn't exist

Wow okay, well thats not true, there is a difference between being a refugee and migrating.
Um yes we should- after all, we're the ones who contributed to ****ING THESE PEOPLES' COUNTRIES. #WESTRTHEREALTERRORISTS

I hope we never do. And seeing as you care so much, why don't you take some of them into your own home :smile:
Original post by JavaScriptMaster

Either way, you're not even worth arguing with because you clearly enjoy this a lot more than I do.... sad wasteman

lmao what a reason :colonhash: funniest thing I've heard all day man gg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending