The Student Room Group

What job would you most like to have?

I'm talking about career goals that are actually realistic. For instance, I'd love to be the CEO of some big corporation, but that's probably not going to happen. If I think of it, I'm probably going to end up as a Professor (and I'll probs like it too). How about you? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it, I am considering:

Actor
Mp
Investment Banker
Reply 2
Prime Minister, damn that oik Gove....
Reply 3
I'd rather like to own a large station. It's always good to own land/
Reply 4
Clinical Psychologist or Psychotherapist :smile:
Something along those lines.
Reply 5
I want to work with animals. Right now I am really rooting to become involved in animal assisted therapy. It would involve taking animals to places such as special needs schools, hospices, care homes etc on therapeutic visits to those who need it. Animals can give so much joy to people who are suffering and people in situations such as care homes can't take their pets with them and it can do them good to be around animals again. A career in this type of work also involves the care and welfare of the animals working in therapy which I would be very much interested in :smile: the reason I would like to do this kind of work is because this kind of job incorporates my love of animals but also my interest in health, especially mental health,

I'd be happy working for my local rescue shelters and conservation groups on the side as well :smile: if I go back to uni if my health improves, I might use my biology degree towards working in the field of animal virology.
It's not the job so much that I care about, it's not having to work with total imbeciles and incompetents. That's the dream.
Child Psychologist or Research Scientist. :biggrin:
Original post by Rhaenys10
I'm talking about career goals that are actually realistic. For instance, I'd love to be the CEO of some big corporation, but that's probably not going to happen. If I think of it, I'm probably going to end up as a Professor (and I'll probs like it too). How about you? :smile:

Member of Parliament or Barrister :smile:
I don't have a realistic career goal. I only have dreams that are never gonna happen.
I just want to do sciency things in a lab with a white coat and fancy equipment :redface:
Maybe being paid to travel the world :tongue:
Original post by Orbital_Rising
You're the perfect case study of the Dunning-Kruger effect. This is hilarious. Better start saving money for therapy now before you have a paroxysm of self-delusion.

Gee. Ugly, stupid, deluded. You're really pulling out all the stops to try and hurt my feelings after that one tongue in cheek comment you didn't like.

That's normal.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Gee. Ugly, stupid, deluded. You're really pulling out all the stops to try and hurt my feelings after that one tongue in cheek comment you didn't like.

That's normal.

Don't be hypersensitive. I'm just joking, clearly. If I had really wanted to insult you I would have done better than that.
A bake off judge
Quality assurance officer for a cookie dough factory...
CareerGOALS - Air ambulance paramedic. :wink:
Food critic- I get paid to eat food and destroy people's lives :colone:
Astronaut.
Actuarial analyst
Actuary
Forensic accountant
Operational researcher
Research scientist (for maths)
Statistician
Stockbroker

Haven't made my mind up yet, but looking closely at research scientist and stay in academia after uni.

Quick Reply

Latest