The Student Room Group

Half of all Australians want to ban Muslim immigration

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by West Bank Spank
He was joking and so am I, obviously
So was I. Think it was a quite reasonable response.
Original post by QE2
So was I. Think it was a quite reasonable response.

It's like top gear and racism, as well it being a joke, it's also what I actually believe
Reply 42
It's like top gear and racism, as well it being a joke, it's also what I actually believe
[video="youtube;K7CnMQ4L9Pc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc[/video]
Original post by QE2
[video="youtube;K7CnMQ4L9Pc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc[/video]

Even though he's a stupid leftist, I find that piece ****ing hilarious :biggrin:
Mass hysteria
Reply 45
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Mass hysteria
What's so funny about Catholics?
Original post by KingBradly
Yes, that is how stats work.

lol dont embarrass yourself
Original post by QE2
What's so funny about Catholics?

Shouldn't you be battling Muslims (or Nazis in your opinion) elsewhere in the religion sub-section?
(edited 7 years ago)
The one thing I don't get about these immigration policy ideas is how they would execute them. How does one discern between a Muslim and Non-Muslim? Essentially, I think this witch-hunt against Muslims is quickly going to devolve into a racist one.
Original post by Cain Tesfaye
That's pretty scary in all truth.

Anti-Muslim bigotry manifesting in broad generalisations and stereotypes is really becoming the new norm in political discourse.

Ah but you see, anti-Muslim bigotry and discrimination on religious grounds is okay in the age of the alt-right; after all, the finest secularists amongst us loudly proclaim "Islam is not a race, Muslims are like Nazis hurr durr" so obviously we should ban them from coming anywhere near us! :rolleyes:
Original post by The Epicurean
Saudi Arabia operates a non-Muslim ban in Mecca. I guess if they really wanted, they could try and implement a similar system as Saudi Arabia does here.

Do you know how they do this out of interest? Surely anyone could pretend to be a Muslim to gain access?

Muslims are much more afraid of the bacon than they are alcohol, most of them love the weed tho.

Lolled.
Reply 52
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
This is the country that has immigration concentration camps so no surprise there.

Its not even close to being the worst...
That's pretty bad.

I wonder if the 49% ever sat down and considered how a ban on Muslim immigration would actually work.
Original post by Cain Tesfaye
If you support a blanket ban on an entire group of people because of their religion then I would regard you to be a bigot.

So the 49% of people in the poll that espoused that view, yes, I would regard them as bigots.

So, any country in the world with an exclusionary immigration policy?

Who would you class as the bad countries in this regard? US? Australia?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Almost all of the Muslim suicide bombers drank alcohol.

I know this is a bit of a detour from the point you were making there but it does highlight a key issue with regards to the terrorism issue.

The recruiters (super pious) often prey upon down and outs/low-end cons and even middle-class, privately-educated party boys from nominally Muslim backgrounds and guilt trip them about how they're degenerates with their sinful western life styles etc. They convince them that they can redeem themselves if they opt for Jihad. This is a very very common go-to method for these guys. This is why when we read about the backgrounds of terrorists like the Nice trucker, the Paris attacks etc it often transpires that they spent most of their lives doing not very Muslim things and then they got turned. It's all very predatory and a tried and tested formula unfortunately.
i wonder how many Australians the middle east is taking right now
Reply 57
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Shouldn't you be battling Muslims (or Nazis in your opinion) elsewhere in the religion sub-section?
Muslims aren't Nazis! What a silly thing to say.
And, "Battle ye not with monsters...etc"
Original post by Trinculo
So, any country in the world with an exclusionary immigration policy?

Who would you class as the bad countries in this regard? US? Australia?

Yes.
Original post by QE2
Muslims aren't Nazis! What a silly thing to say.
And, "Battle ye not with monsters...etc"

Oh I see, you've been battling with the monsters (not Nazis!) for so long, it's become a hobby that defines your very being now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending