The Student Room Group

Bristol/Nottingham/KCL

I have decided to apply to the following universities:

Warwick
UCL
Bristol
Nottingham
KCL

I understand that Warwick and UCL are both targets, so assuming that I get both offers from them, they would be my firm and insurance respectively.

If I happen not to get both offers, I wondered if there is any sort of distinguishing factor between Bristol, Nottingham and KCL? I would really prefer to study in London, so if there was nothing between the three of them then I would likely insure KCL.

I'm sorry if this is the sort of question which is asked all of the time, I just wanted to make sure before I finalised my choices, and wasn't making any blinding mistakes which I may regret in the future.

Many thanks.
Original post by W. A. Mozart

Warwick
UCL
Bristol
Nottingham
KCL

I understand that Warwick and UCL are both targets, so assuming that I get both offers from them, they would be my firm and insurance respectively.

If I happen not to get both offers, I wondered if there is any sort of distinguishing factor between Bristol, Nottingham and KCL? I would really prefer to study in London, so if there was nothing between the three of them then I would likely insure KCL.

I'm sorry if this is the sort of question which is asked all of the time, I just wanted to make sure before I finalised my choices, and wasn't making any blinding mistakes which I may regret in the future.

Many thanks.

Bristol and Nottingham have a very slight edge in placement, but it's nothing to really consider over your preference to be based in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Bristol and Nottingham have a very slight edge in placement, but it's nothing to really consider over your preference to be based in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the hasty reply, that's great to hear.

Have a good day.

Warwick
UCL
Bristol
Nottingham
KCL

Many thanks.

Which subject are you applying to?
Original post by RunningBack34
Which subject are you applying to?

Physics/Theoretical Physics/Mathematical Physics
Physics/Theoretical Physics/Mathematical Physics

For your subject Bristol is probably stronger but considering your preference to live in London, I'd say go for Kings; the difference isn't significant enough and studying where you're happy will reflect on your results.
Original post by RunningBack34
For your subject Bristol is probably stronger but considering your preference to live in London, I'd say go for Kings; the difference isn't significant enough and studying where you're happy will reflect on your results.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I think I'd pick King's College London in this case.
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to reply to an old thread, and pester you, but would Bristol+Nottingham have any noticeable edge over Edinburgh+St Andrews? I like the campuses of St Andrews and Edinburgh more, but would only chose them instead if they were on the same level.

Many thanks.
I'm sorry to reply to an old thread, and pester you, but would Bristol+Nottingham have any noticeable edge over Edinburgh+St Andrews? I like the campuses of St Andrews and Edinburgh more, but would only chose them instead if they were on the same level.

Many thanks.

Yes but like I said with KCL, it's not enough of a difference to take it into account over other factors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending