The Student Room Group

I almost cry everytime we study Hitler. Why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It's probably because you actually understand the extent of the evil that took place, whereas most people don't (it's unimaginable for them).

What evil?
Original post by Lime-man
Hitler was a bad guy, I tear up when I see photos of black people who'd been lynched back in the day, I'm a white guy.

Its prolly because these are heart breaking acts, but they're human acts, it can be tear jerking to think that people can do such horrid things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. I'm studying it history atm 😳😕😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Man up and grow some balls. Don't tell me you cry like a wimp when you see Stalin, Idi Amin and Castro's faces too. Maybe you even cry when you see Sandor Clegane's face.
I'm a 17 year old guy. I tear up when we watch a video of Hitler, Kristallnacht, the Holocaust etc. No one else does. I'm usually quite a cold persom.

I was thinking maybe because I'm gay and they were sent to the camps. I have one great grandparent who was Jewish.

Am I off my trolley??

Whats worse is that when the camps were liberated a lot of gay men were actually still imprisoned and not set free.Because being gay was still against the law back then.
Original post by IronicalMan
How is someone dying that you never knew, upsetting ?

Basic human empathy?
I tear up when we watch a video of Hitler, Kristallnacht, the Holocaust etc.

Nah don't get attached to him so much. He was a jerk.
Original post by IronicalMan
Anon fail?

ooooo, the OP was in anon and so you presumed I was the OP. lol. i only realised now.
Original post by PTMalewski
Would have been better to write that history is often written by points of view.

Hitler is such an obvious case, that remarks about victorer's history are pointless.

Just making a point.
Original post by Lime-man
Hitler was a bad guy, I tear up when I see photos of black people who'd been lynched back in the day, I'm a white guy.

Its prolly because these are heart breaking acts, but they're human acts, it can be tear jerking to think that people can do such horrid things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As my professor of political philosophy says: "A cow doesn't need to know die Ideengeshichte, because no cow ever sent anyone to gas chamber"

Original post by Edo123
Nah don't get attached to him so much. He was a jerk.

To be more exact, a brain injured (beating in early childhood) drug addict with very little education.
Reply 29
Hitler had no chill but he was an okay guy when it came to animal rights
(edited 7 years ago)
Which didn't stop him from sending bombers to eliminate horse cavalry or bombing London, where obviously lots of animals lived.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending