The Student Room Group

Best site to buy physical gold bars will lowest cost

I am wishing to purchase gold bars but want to purchase at the lowest price possible (lowest premiums etc) and storage costs to be low.
contact Big Gordon. he will sell you gold at rock bottom prices. tell him i sent you.
Reply 2
I presume you're reffering to small Bullion bars? Suffice to say no mail order place is going to give you an even remotely reasonable price close to the spot.
As for storeing it if its any significant amount and you don't have a safe or other secure means of storing it stick it in a bank or keep to buying the rights if not the physical thing.
I am invested in a 5* multiplier etf on gold. I really can't see how it can go anyway but up in my opinion. I know like me you suspect a massive economic crash the signs are obvious.

but unfortunately its not easy to invest in psychical gold unless you have a lot of money I have looked. if your at the stage where you can buy Kilogram bars then maybe so but then if you were at that stage I would have guessed you would have an assistant to wash your back side who has already researched this for you.

There are some good gold ETFS perhaps that is the way to go.
Original post by 08hussainf
I am wishing to purchase gold bars but want to purchase at the lowest price possible (lowest premiums etc) and storage costs to be low.

you'll lose your ass paying storage keep them yourself in physical form as they don't often buy the gold if you request storage
but it's worth advertising locally in the private market or go to pawnbrokers lastly try the jewellers stores but other than that go to bullion by post but you'll need to buy a lot to make a real discount
Reply 5
Original post by Luke7456
I am invested in a 5* multiplier etf on gold. I really can't see how it can go anyway but up in my opinion. I know like me you suspect a massive economic crash the signs are obvious.

but unfortunately its not easy to invest in psychical gold unless you have a lot of money I have looked. if your at the stage where you can buy Kilogram bars then maybe so but then if you were at that stage I would have guessed you would have an assistant to wash your back side who has already researched this for you.

Tbh I do suspect a crash where stocks will fall so I'm not intending to invest in gold stocks at the moment. Plus when it does crash gold should appreciate in value as investors turn away from the stock market. Any how we will see what happens but I'm confident on buying gold tbh.
Original post by 08hussainf
Tbh I do suspect a crash where stocks will fall so I'm not intending to invest in gold stocks at the moment. Plus when it does crash gold should appreciate in value as investors turn away from the stock market. Any how we will see what happens but I'm confident on buying gold tbh.

Your preaching to choir I think gold will sky rocket. A crash is coming and we are right the edge close to breaking point. However maybe I am ignorant but how would Gold ETF's fair bad if gold sky rocketed? I am not trying to argue, I am trying to make sure I have not mis understood something because if I am going to lose with my gold ETFs I would rather change my strategy. Surely a fund that tracks gold and is tied to gold in vaults does better if gold goes up? and gold goes up if market crash?
Reply 7
Your preaching to choir I think gold will sky rocket. A crash is coming and we are right the edge close to breaking point. However maybe I am ignorant but how would Gold ETF's fair bad if gold sky rocketed? I am not trying to argue, I am trying to make sure I have not mis understood something because if I am going to lose with my gold ETFs I would rather change my strategy. Surely a fund that tracks gold and is tied to gold in vaults does better if gold goes up? and gold goes up if market crash?

Glad we share some common interests. You make a good point about gold stocks. I suppose they could increase when gold increases in value but I reckon lots of people will go to physical gold rather than stocks or paper assets. It's risky but I don't really know but I'm probably gna stick with physical gold and plus found a decent website to but it from. Also look at thr federal reserve soon enough rates will go up or something will go wrong and stocks will fall. Also look at oil its dead in the water and as we move to renewable energy oil stocks won't be worth ****.
Reply 8

When?
Original post by Quady
When?

I am not psychic and even the so called pros get it wrong so do at your own risk but my read is that they are fudging the numbers before the election so as to not give it to trump. I would expect things get bad at the beginning of 2017 unless trump gets in which case gold will go up quick right away.
Reply 10
I am not psychic and even the so called pros get it wrong so do at your own risk but my read is that they are fudging the numbers before the election so as to not give it to trump. I would expect things get bad at the beginning of 2017 unless trump gets in which case gold will go up quick right away.

Very bad in terms of what?
GDP?
Unemployment?
Inflation?

If things look bad wont monetry policy be relaxed again (currently due to tighten further in Dec)?
Original post by Quady
Very bad in terms of what?
GDP?
Unemployment?
Inflation?

If things look bad wont monetry policy be relaxed again (currently due to tighten further in Dec)?

lol the whole lot is about to go.
Reply 12
lol the whole lot is about to go.

Well that does sound a bit like a tin hat statement.

Oil pretty much can't go up as fracking caps the price. The yuan is weakening which cuts US inflation - so where does that come from?

On the rest, perhaps, as you say nobody has a crystal ball. But I thought gold was supposed to be an inflation hedge.
Reply 13

How's this been working out for you?
Reply 14

Gold is down 10% since the Donald was elected...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending