The Student Room Group

9-1 maths

I can do Math, but there are just some points where it is extremely exasperating and hard. Maths is the only subject that I learn in a foundation level. my teacher told me that a 5 is now a strong C and a 4 is the equivalent of a fail. but the thing is.... I've never gotten a 4 or 5, I've only been getting Ds and i did terrible in my mocks. I really want to pass math and get it done with so I can go onto A-level. Does anybody have tips that could help me get to a 5?
Mathswatch Mathswatch Mathswatch! Is the key

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have to be realistic about your A Level choices, if you can barely get a 4 or a 5, perhaps Maths isn't for you and you'd really struggle with A Level Maths.
Original post by BobBobson
You have to be realistic about your A Level choices, if you can barely get a 4 or a 5, perhaps Maths isn't for you and you'd really struggle with A Level Maths.

Pretty sure he wasn't talking about A Level Maths.
Original post by liko0987654
I can do Math, but there are just some points where it is extremely exasperating and hard. Maths is the only subject that I learn in a foundation level. my teacher told me that a 5 is now a strong C and a 4 is the equivalent of a fail. but the thing is.... I've never gotten a 4 or 5, I've only been getting Ds and i did terrible in my mocks. I really want to pass math and get it done with so I can go onto A-level. Does anybody have tips that could help me get to a 5?

you need to focus on the key topics that you strugle with (well durr) if you need a hand message me - i can send you some scan ins from my maths book. Remeber you have got a year until your exams. Have you ever tried useing the resource AQA all about maths?

Quick Reply

Latest