The Student Room Group

Best course of action for an international student

I'm currently in uni in france studying biology but I want to study medicine in the UK. But my problem is that I may have the equivalent of a* in physics, Maths and chemistry and in france we do not choose are subjects so I have subjects where I didn't do as well and universities are basing my admission on my overall grade which is 14,26 so basically AAB.
Now, I know that isn't enough for Medecine in the UK so I wanted to take my a levels in June but I won't even get a conditional offer with these grades so now I'm focusing on 2018 entry. Would it then be wiser to take gcses this year and then a levels next year to then be on the same track as somebody who is currently in college or should I just take all my a levels this June and give that to school when I apply next year ?
Original post by Adamofchicago
I'm currently in uni in france studying biology but I want to study medicine in the UK. But my problem is that I may have the equivalent of a* in physics, Maths and chemistry and in france we do not choose are subjects so I have subjects where I didn't do as well and universities are basing my admission on my overall grade which is 14,26 so basically AAB.
Now, I know that isn't enough for Medecine in the UK so I wanted to take my a levels in June but I won't even get a conditional offer with these grades so now I'm focusing on 2018 entry. Would it then be wiser to take gcses this year and then a levels next year to then be on the same track as somebody who is currently in college or should I just take all my a levels this June and give that to school when I apply next year ?

You should actually contact universities directly first to ask what requirements they would have from the French Bacc (assuming that's what you've taken) and whether your university grades can also be counted for entry onto the course.

Taking UK qualifications isn't always the best option - get guidance from the universities concerned about what they would ask you to achieve.

Quick Reply

Latest