The Student Room Group

Not eligible?!

As a holder of an EU passport i have applied for student finance but SFE are STILL refusing my loan. Baring in mind that; i have lived in the UK for over 10 YEARS and have sent endless amounts of evidence of residency such as bank statements, tax credits, letters from school etc which ALL PROVE i have been a resident in the UK for 10 years. therefore there is NO reason why i shouldn't be granted this loan. i start university in 1 week and i need this loan to pay off my tuition and accommodation. SORT IT OUT.
What reasons have they given?
Reply 2
They said the evidence I gave wasn't sufficient and didn't cover the dates they wanted (jan2015 - aug2015) even though I sent them bank statements from feb2015 - nov2015 which showed that I was working at that time and buying things in the UK, also I sent in 2 letters from school which stated I attended sixth form from sep2014 - jul2016. Still not enough apparently and I have nothing else to send in.
Trust me I had the same problem. I had to send evidence for every year and sometimes every month to prove I've been living in London for the past 5 years.
Reply 4
Original post by Jessicaraquel
Trust me I had the same problem. I had to send evidence for every year and sometimes every month to prove I've been living in London for the past 5 years.

Did you get it sorted? I'm worried I won't receive a loan and there's no reason why I shouldn't, and I need to pay everything off
Reply 5
Original post by Tiger Rag
What reasons have they given?

They said the evidence I gave wasn't sufficient and didn't cover the dates they wanted (jan2015 - aug2015) even though I sent them bank statements from feb2015 - nov2015 which showed that I was working at that time and buying things in the UK, also I sent in 2 letters from school which stated I attended sixth form from sep2014 - jul2016. Still not enough apparently and I have nothing else to send in.
Original post by mazzathon

Hi,

Was the evidence you sent into us all original documents? As I cannot see your account I would need you to call to have the evidence checked again.

Thanks.
Reply 7
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi,

Was the evidence you sent into us all original documents? As I cannot see your account I would need you to call to have the evidence checked again.

Thanks.

I had to print off my bank statements because the ones issued straight from the bank I hadn't already sent in for evidence and didn't get them back. The letter from school was on headed paper written and signed by my head of house. I will ring up tomorrow, is there any chance I could ask to speak to you?
Reply 8
Original post by mazzathon
I had to print off my bank statements because the ones issued straight from the bank I hadn't already sent in for evidence and didn't get them back. The letter from school was on headed paper written and signed by my head of house. I will ring up tomorrow, is there any chance I could ask to speak to you?

Had already*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending