The Student Room Group

Girl shaking my hand

I met this girl Yesterday at an event as she was part of a group I was with although it was the first occasion on which I had spoken to her directly, After introducing myself she wanted to shake my hand, I've never done this with women as I am not sure if they are comfortable with it. Does this meaning anything though as I found this unusual?

Scroll to see replies

Why would women be uncomfortable with it? :hmmmm:
Confirmed TSR thread.
This is a totally unisex custom. For any woman or man you don't know well, a handshake is an appropriate greeting. The only exception is for very personal situations, like meeting extended family.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

haha in the same doubtful situation.

maybe not used coz of religion restrictions (?)
It means she wanted to shake your hand

Spoiler

..... :confused:
Get in there?
Why would she feel uncomfortable about it of she's the one extending her hand?

Lol.

PS: I'm a woman and can assure you we don't get uncomfortable in shaking a man/woman's hand.
wtf is this thread?!she wants your **** op
Original post by Rhaenys10
wtf is this thread?!she wants your **** op

**** = grip?
probably a troll.
Reply 11
It means you're good at Maths OP.
Original post by XOR_
**** = grip?

yes:frown:
was too afraid to type it=))))))))))
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

I don't remember the last time a woman took the initiative to shake my hand that's all, I'm probably overcomplicating it.
Original post by Orbital_Rising
Confirmed TSR thread.

Haha
Original post by Lavaridge
This is a totally unisex custom. For any woman or man you don't know well, a handshake is an appropriate greeting. The only exception is for very personal situations, like meeting extended family.

I've very rarely met a woman who has shook my hand, I have to be honest.
Original post by Namita Gurung
It means she wanted to shake your hand

Spoiler

I totally get that, thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I met this girl Yesterday at an event as she was part of a group I was with although it was the first occasion on which I had spoken to her directly, After introducing myself she wanted to shake my hand, I've never done this with women as I am not sure if they are comfortable with it. Does this meaning anything though as I found this unusual?

How did she offer her hand? Was it full on Serena Williams vs Lindsay Davenport over-the-net power shake, or was it Southern-Belle-Why-Captain-Butler,-how-do-you-do?

If the woman herself indicated that she thought that shaking hands was appropriate, I think you can take it that she felt comfortable with this form of social interaction. What might have made her feel uncomfortable, though, is having her attempt to shake hands rebuffed...
Original post by XOR_
..... :confused:
Get in there?

Really?

Quick Reply

Latest