The Student Room Group

Significance of GCSES for applying to cambridge

I am currently in the process of applying to university. My aspiration is to study engineering at Cambridge. I got 2 A* 5A and a B at GCSE whilst being diagnosed with something a few days before my first gcse exam. I got AAA in my as and am now predicted A*A*A* in my a levels which are in maths, physics and economics. I also picked up an AS in further maths where i will be doing fp1,fp2 and m2. I have done a lot of work experience and wider reading.
My question is, would my moderate GCSE results prevent my chance of getting into Cambridge?
Original post by Hamza Rashid
I am currently in the process of applying to university. My aspiration is to study engineering at Cambridge. I got 2 A* 5A and a B at GCSE whilst being diagnosed with something a few days before my first gcse exam. I got AAA in my as and am now predicted A*A*A* in my a levels which are in maths, physics and economics. I also picked up an AS in further maths where i will be doing fp1,fp2 and m2. I have done a lot of work experience and wider reading.
My question is, would my moderate GCSE results prevent my chance of getting into Cambridge?

No,

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/entrance-requirements/gcse-and-a-level-requirements-facts
Reply 2

No, GCSEs are not as important as your AS and A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
No, GCSEs are not as important as your AS and A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about the UMS? I got an average of 92 UMS per paper, do you think that would be sufficient?
Reply 4
What about the UMS? I got an average of 92 UMS per paper, do you think that would be sufficient?

Yes. You'll almost certainly get an interview. And you'll have the EAA to strengthen your application further.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Yes. You'll almost certainly get an interview. And you'll have the EAA to strengthen your application further.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay then. Thank you for the help. It has been a very big confidence booster which I needed.
(edited 7 years ago)

Best of luck; I really hope you get a place!x:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending