The Student Room Group

What do you love about yourself?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Loving yourself is great. But there is a boundary a certain extent to how much one can love his/herself

Well, there is self love and then there is that. :rofl:
Reply 381
Original post by Saba XD
Send some dough this way. If you know what I mean. :colone:

Naw, im on the breadline..

Original post by Saba XD
I've been a Londoner all my life. :mmm: I have never been to Yorkshire, sadly.

Insha Allah you'll get it surely. :yep:

London... I'm not fond of. A guy on linkedin tried to get me to work near Heathrow...twice. I really like Yorkshire. It's really green. The air quality is oh so much better here too! I prefer West Yorkshire to South Yorkshire however.

Both times, it was a "nope" When you can fly down there, several times a month and still have more money than a Londoner because of the ridiculous rent, kinda doesn't seem all that worth it. You might be paid less up north, but you sure as hell have far more disposable income and yknow you can afford to buy a decent sized house.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Internet
Thanks!Well they kinda split in to their own areas I guess in that test I did. That was more gruelling than the real CCNA tbh

Thing is I've forever been "half way through my CCNP" :biggrin: Tbh, I might just keep learning and learning. I also kinda want more experience on Nexus and checkpoints really. Oh and the ASA's. I still don't QUITE understand those!

CCNA R&S, and SP overlap significantly I believe. SP probably does more on the nexus gear :smile: Tbh, the money is in DCs and in security. Working for an ISP, you forever run the risk of being outsourced. Sure your salary might be higher than the average in the industry (Unless you were at my last place and were underpaid) but you run the risk of being outsourced too quite easily really.

Seriously even though you took the composite route?:redface:

Ahh we've all got that certification we're forever progressing towards. I'm probably not going to take anything until I graduate tbh. Even though having a CCNA under your belt prior to graduating it's still just sat there for a year unless you miraculously make time another route or CCNP. Tonne of places underpay graduates. Seen some graduate positions go as low as 14k... But I guess when you take into an account the on-site training you'll receive it kinda justifies it.
Original post by Binary Freak
Seriously even though you took the composite route?:redface:

Ahh we've all got that certification we're forever progressing towards. I'm probably not going to take anything until I graduate tbh. Even though having a CCNA under your belt prior to graduating it's still just sat there for a year unless you miraculously make time another route or CCNP. Tonne of places underpay graduates. Seen some graduate positions go as low as 14k... But I guess when you take into an account the on-site training you'll receive it kinda justifies it.

composite route ie: doing it all at once?It is true that places underpay graduates. 14K is an absolute and utter rip off. Straight off graduating, you are worth at least 25K. After a year, you are worth at least 30K. Even at my last place where they underpaid me, I was paid 24K + shift allowance. The other company darn sarth offered 45K when you consider shift allowance and bonus.

14K is silly. Pay peanuts, and you get monkeys.

I received 12.5K on my placement year.... They upped it to 15K the year after. 14K is stupidly low. I wouldn't accept any thing that gives you less than 24K after graduating. MAybe..20K up north
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 385
Original post by Proxenus
i am ugly and i am proud

I'm sure you're not. :no:

Original post by Andy98
OK, well gimme a word

Posted from TSR Mobile

Flatulence. :mmm:

I wouldn't blame them. You're gorge. :daydreaming:
Original post by Saba XD
You can never get that emoji right. :rofl:
:rolleyes:

Hahaha its because i type it lmao :tongue: but yeah ill try once again behen :rolleyes:
Original post by Saba XD
Well, there is self love and then there is that. :rofl:

the situation tho=)))))))))
i find it hard to believe that this crap is real
Another one I guess is I'm not afraid to say I'm a geek. These days it's a good thing :biggrin:
Another one I guess is I'm not afraid to say I'm a geek. These days it's a good thing :biggrin:

Same! I love being a geek, geek is good :biggrin:

Also now learned to love my height (taken me ages to realise there is nothing wrong with being a 5'10 female)
composite route ie: doing it all at once?It is true that places underpay graduates. 14K is an absolute and utter rip off. Straight off graduating, you are worth at least 25K. After a year, you are worth at least 30K. Even at my last place where they underpaid me, I was paid 24K + shift allowance. The other company darn sarth offered 45K when you consider shift allowance and bonus.

14K is silly. Pay peanuts, and you get monkeys.

I received 12.5K on my placement year.... They upped it to 15K the year after. 14K is stupidly low. I wouldn't accept any thing that gives you less than 24K

Yeah, doing the 200-120 (Or 200-125 as it is now)

Yeah! :yep:

I'd accept 20-25k initially, but that's on the premise I've never actually been inside or touched a production network (e.g. not been on a placement year or such), so I'd find it fair. But someone with even any experience shouldn't be on that. Only way I'd accept otherwise is with 'first class' training.. Not sat on a dummy network configuring OSPF... For the life of me..
Original post by Binary Freak
Yeah, doing the 200-120 (Or 200-125 as it is now)

Yeah! :yep:

I'd accept 20-25k initially, but that's on the premise I've never actually been inside or touched a production network (e.g. not been on a placement year or such), so I'd find it fair. But someone with even any experience shouldn't be on that. Only way I'd accept otherwise is with 'first class' training.. Not sat on a dummy network configuring OSPF... For the life of me..

In the first three months doing provisioning. Damn that was easy work! Dummy networks are sometimes needed tbh
Original post by Saba XD
That's great. Good luck in your future endeavours. :h:

I'm also emotionally stifled. :emo:

Thanks, best of luck to you too.
You got any idea why you're stifled emotionally? I find this sort of thing interesting
Original post by AfcFob
Same! I love being a geek, geek is good :biggrin:

Also now learned to love my height (taken me ages to realise there is nothing wrong with being a 5'10 female)

Not so fond of my height (169cm)...and weight (TOo much) :biggrin:

Mentally I'm cool tho!
Not so fond of my height (169cm)...and weight (TOo much) :biggrin:

Mentally I'm cool tho!

Haha same, I'm mentally awesome and I'm like 177 so I'm the average height of a guy :redface:

I've lost at least like 65lbs since last year (down to 154lbs) but I still want to lose another 9lbs to be happy
Original post by AfcFob
Haha same, I'm mentally awesome and I'm like 177 so I'm the average height of a guy :redface:

I've lost at least like 65lbs since last year (down to 154lbs) but I still want to lose another 9lbs to be happy

In fairness I guess at least my height is a decent height for a south Asian person

I'd be happy if I lost 15Kg :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
In fairness I guess at least my height is a decent height for a south Asian person

I'd be happy if I lost 15Kg :biggrin:

Yeah you've done okay in the height department, I'm white so I'm quite tall for a girl but idc

And god I know the feeling, just slowly reduce your meal portions and walk more and you'll do it easily, losing it is actually not that difficult it's the keeping it off which it tough. Drink lots of water too, it reduces cravings (I've totally cut out fizzy drinks and sweets not which I'm proud about)
Original post by AfcFob
Yeah you've done okay in the height department, I'm white so I'm quite tall for a girl but idc

And god I know the feeling, just slowly reduce your meal portions and walk more and you'll do it easily, losing it is actually not that difficult it's the keeping it off which it tough. Drink lots of water too, it reduces cravings (I've totally cut out fizzy drinks and sweets not which I'm proud about)

Yeah the water is a big un tbh! First I need to find out why I'm very tired :biggrin:
Yeah the water is a big un tbh! First I need to find out why I'm very tired :biggrin:

Stress is usually a reason but idk
Original post by AfcFob
Stress is usually a reason but idk

Last time it was for a lack of iron. I sure hope it's not. The NHS won't allow me to donate blood for another 6 months any way, but still...

Quick Reply

Latest