The Student Room Group

Are your AS marks visible to unis?

Hey, I'm applying to Oxford Biochem for 2017 entrance. I was wondering if Oxford is able to see the actual marks I got for my AS exams. Teachers cannot give us a comprehensive answer.
Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by JellyfishThunder
Hey, I'm applying to Oxford Biochem for 2017 entrance. I was wondering if Oxford is able to see the actual marks I got for my AS exams. Teachers cannot give us a comprehensive answer.
Thanks in advance!

Not unless you tell them. You have to declare grades not marks.

If you get an offer, at some stage they will ask for your certificates.
Reply 2
You don't have to declare them on UCAS but they could ask at some point, and what college?? I'm doing an Open Application for Biological Sciences
Original post by AfcFob
You don't have to declare them on UCAS but they could ask at some point, and what college?? I'm doing an Open Application for Biological Sciences

Brasenose. How come you're doing open?
Original post by jneill
Not unless you tell them. You have to declare grades not marks.

If you get an offer, at some stage they will ask for your certificates.

That's what I thought, and then my teachers told me that due to the change in spec in Chem and Bio our marks will be visible. Is that nonsense?
Reply 5
That's what I thought, and then my teachers told me that due to the change in spec in Chem and Bio our marks will be visible. Is that nonsense?

Yes it's nonsense. And Oxford doesn't use your marks anyway. Just your grades.

If anything marks are now less visible because linear/reformed AS/A-levels no longer have UMS anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Brasenose. How come you're doing open?

Couldn't pick a college after I looked at a few on the open day, figured I'd be happy at any of the colleges (even Catz, even though I hate the architecture)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending