The Student Room Group

Are AS marks visible on UCAS?

Hey, I'm applying to Oxford Biochem for 2017 entrance. I was wondering if Oxford is able to see the actual marks I got for my AS exams. Teachers cannot give us a comprehensive answer.Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Do you mean UMS points? If that's the case, unless you've put them in on your UCAS form, no university will see them. Some universities do ask for them, though, notably Cambridge.

If you have already completed your A2 exams, then they will only see the final complete grade (AS + A2). If this is the case, you can get your referee to mention the AS grades in the reference if necessary.

They will be able to see your AS grades if none of the above apply, though.
Original post by DJon
Do you mean UMS points? If that's the case, unless you've put them in on your UCAS form, no university will see them. Some universities do ask for them, though, notably Cambridge.

If you have already completed your A2 exams, then they will only see the final complete grade (AS + A2). If this is the case, you can get your referee to mention the AS grades in the reference if necessary.

How/Where on the ucas form do you put the UMS mark?
Enter it in the boxes for grades for each unit
Original post by jonny5263
How/Where on the ucas form do you put the UMS mark?

When you enter your subjects and exams individually, there's an option to note down your UMS with each one.

Make sure you write your UMS for all of the exams you've taken so far, you can't mix and match (well, you could, but unis don't like it).
Original post by Ninjasrule
When you enter your subjects and exams individually, there's an option to note down your UMS with each one.

Make sure you write your UMS for all of the exams you've taken so far, you can't mix and match (well, you could, but unis don't like it).

Thanks for your reply. it just says grade however. do i put it in the other box?
Reply 6
On education in the UCAS form, where you add your qualifications, there's separate boxes for modules. You can use as many as you need (e.g. if you do 2 history modules, then you fill in 2 module boxes putting the name of the module and the marks.) Hope that's clear enough.

If you got 90%+ in any of your modules, though, you should get these explicitly mentioned in the reference.

Edit: Was too slow, listen to the above!
Edit2: I think you can only put the unit grade in, not the ums number, as you've found.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks for your reply. it just says grade however. do i put it in the other box?

No problem :smile:

Most likely yes, I think so. Hover or click on the question box next to it and see what it says.
No problem :smile:

Most likely yes, I think so. Hover or click on the question box next to it and see what it says.

Thanks mate :smile:
Thanks mate :smile:

No worries!

How are you getting on with your personal statement?
No worries!

How are you getting on with your personal statement?

yeah its getting there just polishing it
Original post by DJon

I haven't completed my A2 yet. You know what's funny, I put the same thread in a different forum and ppl said that Oxford doesn't even see your marks. Who should I believe?😂
Original post by DJon

Also, I meant actual marks rather than grades. Do they see them?

Quick Reply

Latest