The Student Room Group

He told me he loves me now he is being distant

I have been going out with my boyfriend for around 6 months, just the other week he told me he loves me and he was being super attentive and making lots of effort. Now, only a few days later he has become distant... I asked him what's wrong and he says he is stressed with work but I feel like he's getting cold feet? He has stopped saying I love you and isn't texting as much.
Original post by Anonymous
I have been going out with my boyfriend for around 6 months, just the other week he told me he loves me and he was being super attentive and making lots of effort. Now, only a few days later he has become distant... I asked him what's wrong and he says he is stressed with work but I feel like he's getting cold feet? He has stopped saying I love you and isn't texting as much.

I would leave him for a while. You won't improve the situation by rushing him. He might have trouble with work, or he could have problems at home. Let him calm down then, hopefully, he should resume with going out with you and the texts. You could try offering him some assisstance as well. I know I certainly would. If I get stressed about school work, I won't do what I normally would.
You cannot base anything from a few days of him messaging a little differently. If it continues for weeks then talk to him in person about how it makes you feel. Most likely he is genuinely busy and stressed with work and getting paranoid won't help him or you.
yeah from personal experience, just play it cool, he'll probs come around at some point. Just offer to be there for him, support him, etc.... If it continues after a couple of week then confront him about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending