The Student Room Group

moving schools after AS level (year12)

I'm moving to a new school for year 13, they use the same exam board (CIE) and are located in the same region of which I did my AS exams, will this be a problem? Will I have to resit my as exams there or can I go on with A2 in the new school using my AS grades?
Original post by djordje2000
I'm moving to a new school for year 13, they use the same exam board (CIE) and are located in the same region of which I did my AS exams, will this be a problem? Will I have to resit my as exams there or can I go on with A2 in the new school using my AS grades?

I wouldn't do that if I were you. They might have a different layout to what you're used to. You would also have to try making new friends.
Reply 2
Original post by Mvine001
I wouldn't do that if I were you. They might have a different layout to what you're used to. You would also have to try making new friends.

Not the answer I was looking for...
No you wouldn't have to resit your exams. Obviously you need to talk to them first but many people move to other schools for year 13 as long as their exam board is the same. And who knows, the way they go through it might be a better way for you. And don't worry about friends, this is your last year to ace your A2's.

Quick Reply

Latest