The Student Room Group

Need urgent help

so I canceled my application by accident(stupid mobile) and when i try to re-apply it says i can not apply for this year and i should check later on. I created a new acc just to see if its only me and it would let me do it on the other account, but i can't use the same name cause the system would find my old account.. and i called them and they told me i should fill the paper form and add a letter explaining the situation and then ill be able to type in my bank details in the online application and access it, have anyone else encountered such a situation? What do i need to do, I've got no idea.. I am an EU student and my uni starts on 27th so I can't really show them evidence but they told me it wouldn't be a problem, i am worried though that if i don't get approved i'll have to pay it by myself, i have insurance number and all the information, but as i said the form doesn't include bank account information, and idk how long it will take for them to fix my application so i can access it again in order to fill in my bank account information..
Original post by Venci
so I canceled my application by accident(stupid mobile) and when i try to re-apply it says i can not apply for this year and i should check later on. I created a new acc just to see if its only me and it would let me do it on the other account, but i can't use the same name cause the system would find my old account.. and i called them and they told me i should fill the paper form and add a letter explaining the situation and then ill be able to type in my bank details in the online application and access it, have anyone else encountered such a situation? What do i need to do, I've got no idea.. I am an EU student and my uni starts on 27th so I can't really show them evidence but they told me it wouldn't be a problem, i am worried though that if i don't get approved i'll have to pay it by myself, i have insurance number and all the information, but as i said the form doesn't include bank account information, and idk how long it will take for them to fix my application so i can access it again in order to fill in my bank account information..

Hi,

If you are an EU student and applying for tuition fees only then you are not able to apply online. You need to complete the EU16N and return to us in the post.

Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi,

If you are an EU student and applying for tuition fees only then you are not able to apply online. You need to complete the EU16N and return to us in the post.

Thanks.

Thanks for the answer. How do you assess who is eligible and who isn't? Also i need to send my passport as well yea? And i am applying for both loans maintence and a tution one(although both are listed as a tution) i am kinda worried because if i dont get approved i'll have to pay by myself and there is no way to find so much money, i am an eu student yea and have an insurance number as well so i can only hope that everyhing will go smooth. I was told.over the phone that i should get my passport back within two weeks is that true? And will i receive some kind of email thst it is being sent or?
Original post by Venci
Thanks for the answer. How do you assess who is eligible and who isn't? Also i need to send my passport as well yea? And i am applying for both loans maintence and a tution one(although both are listed as a tution) i am kinda worried because if i dont get approved i'll have to pay by myself and there is no way to find so much money, i am an eu student yea and have an insurance number as well so i can only hope that everyhing will go smooth. I was told.over the phone that i should get my passport back within two weeks is that true? And will i receive some kind of email thst it is being sent or?

Hi,

If you are applying for both loans and tuition fees then that may be the wrong form.

So let me ask a few questions to find out exactly how to to apply.

1. How many years have you lived in the UK for?
2. Are you currently working in the UK?

Thanks.
Reply 4
Hi,

If you are applying for both loans and tuition fees then that may be the wrong form.

Thanks.

1. 3 years
2. No, not currently working( I am 18)

I found the form online do i have to fill it as wrll as the one for the tution fees?
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.studentfinanceni.co.uk/pls/portal/docs/PAGE/NPIPG001/NPIPS001/NPIPS110/SFNI_MAINTENANCE_LOAN_REQUEST_FORM_1617_D.PDF&ved=0ahUKEwi58Y_0k6PPAhUL1hoKHY59AdQQFggtMAc&usg=AFQjCNEr-cMW8s_a5LZ8u2BsKXIYlZUwXg
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi,

Thanks.

1. 3 years
2.Not currently working(I am 18) btw i've found a pdf form 2016/2017 for the maintenancd loan but I am not sure if i have to send it as well? Oh and by the wayy by applying for both maintenance and tution loan i meant that I would like to, not that i have applied because there isnt a maintenance option in the form you listed
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Venci
1. 3 years
2.Not currently working(I am 18) btw i've found a pdf form 2016/2017 for the maintenancd loan but I am not sure if i have to send it as well? Oh and by the wayy by applying for both maintenance and tution loan i meant that I would like to, not that i have applied because there isnt a maintenance option in the form you listed

Hi,

If you have only been in the UK for 3 years you are only eligible to apply for the tuition fee loan as an EU student on an EU16N form.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending