The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

I get a bounce back saying that there is no domain "nomura-graduates.com"
Original post by gavgav123
I get a bounce back saying that there is no domain "nomura-graduates.com"

They have probably changed it this year then, sorry about that! I checked their website and I can't see the email address anywhere! :s-smilie:
can someone explain this q plz?
Original post by adi_nayak1

Is the answer $2000 ?
HSBC is sending several rejections today

60500/1.1 = 55,000 * .55 = 30,250

60500/30.25 = $2k

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you know that the total GDP = $60.5 bn and per head = $1,100. Therefore the population = Total GDP/GDP per head = $60.5bn/$1,100 = 55 million.

55% of this = 30250000. Now to get the GDP per head for this new population you must figure out the proportion relative to the overall GDP = $60.5 bn/30250000 = $2000 per head.

You could also have figured this out by the units, GDP per head would imply dividing the GDP by a population figure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by paulpierce94

Thanks. Do you have further information ? When did they apply, division, etc
Original post by paulpierce94

Where do you hear this from ?
Is financial advisory at one of the big four a good alternative to IBD? Also, is it detremental KPMG, for example, only has a four week placement?
Original post by S_12345
Is financial advisory at one of the big four a good alternative to IBD? Also, is it detremental KPMG, for example, only has a four week placement?

It is basically the same thing as IBD but doing smaller deals + fairness opinions if you get into the actual CorpFin advisory team. Otherwise in transaction services it's basically just financial due dil for larger deals run by bigger banks.

Overall, it's fairly possible to move to e.g. a BB or EB after a few years at the big4 and it's even possible (although not that common) to move on to lower middle market to middle market PE or ER - as well as all the other in-house finance teams, management accounting teams etc. Or you could stay and try for partnership because although comp is lower, hours are lower too.

No, that's just how they structure their vacation programmes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wisefire
I'm hardly knowledgeable in this application process so I am asking this question. Is this a mental arithmetic question, this you've posted a picture of? Would you need to work out the sums for this sort of question in your head? Or would you be able to use a calculator during this assessment for a question such as this one?

You can use a calculator, pen and paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
It is basically the same thing as IBD but doing smaller deals + fairness opinions if you get into the actual CorpFin advisory team. Otherwise in transaction services it's basically just financial due dil for larger deals run by bigger banks.

Overall, it's fairly possible to move to e.g. a BB or EB after a few years at the big4 and it's even possible (although not that common) to move on to lower middle market to middle market PE or ER - as well as all the other in-house finance teams, management accounting teams etc. Or you could stay and try for partnership because although comp is lower, hours are lower too.

No, that's just how they structure their vacation programmes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man, much appreciated
Original post by Princepieman
60500/1.1 = 55,000 * .55 = 30,250

60500/30.25 = $2k

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I was initially confused as I forgot that only the working pop are generating GDP so you are able to disregard the rest of the population.
Does anyone have Nomura grad recruitment email address ?

Do you still need this? I can PM you a HR contact if you want.
Original post by Commercial Paper
Do you still need this? I can PM you a HR contact if you want.

Would be amazing, thanks.

Won't let me access my second test..
Original post by luckyfellow
1) Got JPM (IBD London) rejection today. Applied on the 10th of September. 2) Does anyone when approx. you get a rejection from MS if you failed the test. As for the spring week, I am sure to have failed the test but did get a rejection in January.

Thanks for your help.

is that JPM summer internship rejection?
KPMG doesn't want a cv, cover letter, nor does it have motivational questions?

How will they decide applications...
Original post by S_12345
KPMG doesn't want a cv, cover letter, nor does it have motivational questions?

How will they decide applications...

they have some stuff after you pass online tests, I think you have to record yourself and stuff (explained on their website)
Would be amazing, thanks.

Won't let me access my second test..

PM'd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending