The Student Room Group

Just how competitive is Law? Reapplying dilemma.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jedwards
A bit of a similar dilemma to yours,

I was initially rejected from my firm choice of UCL for Law (I got AAB, when I needed A*AA.) I went through clearing to do Spanish and German at King's, and decided (in September) to get English remarked and it moved from a B to an A* (meeting my offer.)

I'm now in the process of withdrawing from King's and reapplying for Law in 2017. If I were you, I'd go for it.

Wow, that's crazy. A few years ago something similar happened at my 6th form, where the entire class didn't get higher than a C, and most got Ds and Us. It turns out the exam board forgot to count a unit for tonnes of people's papers when counting up the total score - maybe something similar happened? But well done on your great results - you could get an offer from anywhere now so I'm sure you'll be fine!
Original post by Whippersniffer
Wow, that's crazy. A few years ago something similar happened at my 6th form, where the entire class didn't get higher than a C, and most got Ds and Us. It turns out the exam board forgot to count a unit for tonnes of people's papers when counting up the total score - maybe something similar happened? But well done on your great results - you could get an offer from anywhere now so I'm sure you'll be fine!

Wow, that's just crazy. I know someone else had a remark with no change, so it seems even more mystifying. Thank you, and likewise to you! Where are you currently studying, if you don't mind me asking?
Wow, that's just crazy. I know someone else had a remark with no change, so it seems even more mystifying. Thank you, and likewise to you! Where are you currently studying, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks. And weird - would definitely be interesting to see what they respond to the complaint. I'm not actually currently studying anywhere as I'm on a gap year.
Original post by Whippersniffer
Thanks. And weird - would definitely be interesting to see what they respond to the complaint. I'm not actually currently studying anywhere as I'm on a gap year.

Oh right, I obviously misread your initial post. I'm a tad apprehensive about redoing the LNAT (I got 29 last time, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.) How are you starting your gap year? I'm in the process of withdrawing from King's so I could do with some tips on how to spend this next year.
Oh right, I obviously misread your initial post. I'm a tad apprehensive about redoing the LNAT (I got 29 last time, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.) How are you starting your gap year? I'm in the process of withdrawing from King's so I could do with some tips on how to spend this next year.

The LNAT is a big worry of mine too, although I did get 31 last time, I felt like I got 'easy' sections. The essay is also something I find difficult. Mainly just working, and sending emails to just about every law firm and court in Sheffield asking to volunteer or for work experience haha. I've not really got the money to travel, but plan on doing something like Camp America or Camp Leaders next Summer if you've ever heard of those.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending