The Student Room Group

Black Lives Matter: an incoherent and moronic movement.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
Lol and who has a massive history of enslaving, killing, torturing and raping people for many, many years?

You do know that Arabs "enslaved, killed, tortured and raped" a lot more blacks than the west ever did?

Even so, we're speaking about the now, not the past. The point of this thread is not to point and blame black people, but rather to have a coherent discussion on how to improve the livelihoods of blacks in the US.
Original post by jake4198
You do know that Arabs "enslaved, killed, tortured and raped" a lot more blacks than the west ever did?

Even so, we're speaking about the now, not the past. The point of this thread is not to point and blame black people, but rather to have a coherent discussion on how to improve the livelihoods of blacks in the US.

Repped by accident but no, this is stupid. Someone said that blacks are statistically more violent but I disagreed because white people have a massive history and basically destroyed a lot of the world which techically means they are more violent. I have no idea why you think this massive history that effected the world is unimportant because it was "in the past"
Original post by WBZ144
Intelligence is genetic, you people aren't very good at disguising your prejudice, are you?

And Blacks are less likely to wage wars that kill tens or hundreds of thousands.

Do you have any evidence that "blacks" are less likely to wage wars?
Original post by WBZ144
Intelligence is genetic, you people aren't very good at disguising your prejudice, are you?

And Blacks are less likely to wage wars that kill tens or hundreds of thousands.

Intelligence is not genetic.
Repped by accident but no, this is stupid. Someone said that blacks are statistically more violent but I disagreed because white people have a massive history and basically destroyed a lot of the world which techically means they are more violent. I have no idea why you think this massive history that effected the world is unimportant because it was "in the past"

Black people - in the United States - are more violent; and that is a statistical fact.

If you are going to blame that white people are more violent because of the actions of their ancestors, then you are the definition of a racist and bigot.

Do you know the most recent mass genocide in history was committed by blacks? The Rwandan Genocide was responsible for the deaths of around one million people.

Do you know black terror groups such as Boko Haram have been responsible for over 1,000 deaths in this year alone?

If we're going to talk of the past, what about the Taiwan Straight Crises - a war started by the Chinese- which saw the deaths in excess of one million people?

Should we call the Turks violent because they butchered 1.5 million people during the Armenian Genocide?

What about the Germans? Hitler's Germany killed over six million people, but should we call Germans racist because of the actions of their ancestry?
OP who took a dump in your breakfast? Must've been a massive one if you're so desperate to waste everyone's time putting down a group that I could bet has never affected you in any way 🤔
Black people - in the United States - are more violent; and that is a statistical fact.

If you are going to blame that white people are more violent because of the actions of their ancestors, then you are the definition of a racist and bigot.

Do you know the most recent mass genocide in history was committed by blacks? The Rwandan Genocide was responsible for the deaths of around one million people.

Do you know black terror groups such as Boko Haram have been responsible for over 1,000 deaths in this year alone?

If we're going to talk of the past, what about the Taiwan Straight Crises - a war started by the Chinese- which saw the deaths in excess of one million people?

Should we call the Turks violent because they butchered 1.5 million people during the Armenian Genocide?

What about the Germans? Hitler's Germany killed over six million people, but should we call Germans racist because of the actions of their ancestry?

Lol. I am a racist for pointing out a massive incident that happened in the past that effected the world? So why did you make an entire thread talking about how violent black people are when I can bring up a bunch of violent things that white people have done. So no, you make no sense. Why not make a thread explaining how white police men are careless racist idots that kill black people at an unfair alarming rate compared to white peple? Lol and aren't Germans not white too? But since you want to add that to the list then that's okay I guess.
Original post by timster32
Intelligence is not genetic.

it is, scientifically speaking
Lol. I am a racist for pointing out a massive incident that happened in the past that effected the world? So why did you make an entire thread talking about how violent black people are when I can bring up a bunch of violent things that white people have done. So no, you make no sense. Why not make a thread explaining how white police men are careless racist idots that kill black people at an unfair alarming rate compared to white peple? Lol and aren't Germans not white too? But since you want to add that to the list then that's okay I guess.

Do you have any evidence that white police men are "careless racists"? According to the evidence I provided, black and Hispanic police officers are three times more likely to use deadly force than a white police officer; and a report from Harvard University shows that there is absolutely no racial bias when it comes to the use of deadly force by law enforcement officers.

I made an entire thread debunking the narrative that Black Lives Matter are fighting a noble cause against so-called institutional racism. However, as I've shown, their agenda is unfounded because their talking points are easily refuted. The notion that white people - as a collective - should feel a collective shame for the actions of their ancestors is skewed and incomprehensibly wrong.

And we're saying that black people, Asians, every race on the planet, have done the same thing at some point in history. The difference is that the vast majority of people still torturing and enslaving people today are Black Africans and Arab Middle Easterners.
You're incorrect if you think white people have committed the most violence in history, just because of American slavery and the world wars. White people were the first to outlaw slavery, at least in modern times.
Original post by Trinculo
I don't know what the question is here.

I would say that if you are taking the United States as a model - whites and blacks would have equal access to the means of violence (guns), so it's not a valid comparison.

I'm not saying blacks are more or less warlike than whites. I'm saying that all humans are equally warlike, and blacks have not started as many wars (historically) because they haven't always had the means. When they have had the means, they have done so - they've had empire, slavery, raping and all the rest - just like everyone else.

With "blacks commit more gun crime". I personally don't think this is in any way a direct racial effect. I have no doubt the stat is true - but I don't think it's because a black person is inherently more likely to commit a gun offence. I would say it's because black people in the US tend to be highly concentrated in urban centres, where gun crime is just more likely. Black people are also more likely to be involved in crimes which are relevant to their immediate geography (urban centres). In urban centres you get gangs and property crime and violence. This is essentially what's called environmental criminology.

It's like saying - in the US, white people are far more likely to be involved in livestock crime. This is not because white people love to steal cows. It's because white people live in places where there are cows.

Access to guns is not the only thing that causes gun violence, otherwise the solution would be as simple as banning access, would if not? I meant applying "what if" to the situation which Blacks are living in the USA to other races. If you can apply it to Blacks waging less wars, it can surely be applied to non-Blacks committing less gun crime.
Do you have any evidence that "blacks" are less likely to wage wars?

Blacks have waged less wars than the majority of races. If the fact that Blacks have committed more gun crime is evidence that they are more likely to do so, the same applies in the case of wars. The deadliest wars that resulted in the highest loss of life were not started by Blacks either. Look up the list of wars by death toll.

Her point is valid, regardless of your whatabouttery. You want to talk about how violent that Blacks are by quoting stats, yet when someone makes the point that non-Blacks have committed violence on a mass scale, it's wrong.

Not even non-Blacks, actually, just Whites. It would be OK if we were only referring to Arabs and East Asians.And it's not just historical, these wars are still being waged to day. Are you saying that non-Blacks used to be more violent but have "evolved"?
(edited 7 years ago)
Black people - statistically - are more violent. That doesn't mean black people are inherently more violent, but it does mean the socioeconomic conditions they're exposed to means they're more likely to be involved in crime. According to Metropolitan's crime data and FBI crime data, blacks - in both the US and the UK - are more violent than whites by the virtue of statistics: and that's a fact.

Again, black people in the UK and the US - statistically - are less intelligent than whites. Again, this does not mean that black people are inherently less intelligent, but it does mean the socioeconomic conditions they're exposed to means they're more likely to do worse academically. According to the Department for Education, the percentage of blacks achieving three A levels at AAB including two facilitating subjects is much smaller than that for whites and Asians. The GPA and SAT data I expressed above also confirms the disparity in the US as well.

If you have evidence of me defending "racism" then feel free to provide it. Otherwise, stop trying to milk attention by saying benign one-liners.

Intelligence is genetic, so if you want to say that Blacks are dumb then just say it. The thread where I showed statistical data proving the issue of racism among Trump supporters has conveniently disappeared, probably reported for "insults" like my previous post did but that is where you defended racism. It doesn't matter how you dress it up, you said that Blacks are less intelligent and more violent than Whites. You condemned certain Muslims for misogynistic and homophobic views, yet I have seen conservative Muslims try to dress up their prejudice in a similar manner. That right there is hypocrisy.
Original post by Phantom R
And we're saying that black people, Asians, every race on the planet, have done the same thing at some point in history. The difference is that the vast majority of people still torturing and enslaving people today are Black Africans and Arab Middle Easterners.
You're incorrect if you think white people have committed the most violence in history, just because of American slavery and the world wars. White people were the first to outlaw slavery, at least in modern times.

Segregation and lynching remained after slavery. When did that end again?

I don't believe that any race is more violent, but if you want to quote crime stats to show that Blacks are more violent, it's fair play to quote historical and modern day atrocities to show that non-Blacks have in fact committed more violence.
Original post by Phantom R
Pretty much every race on the planet, but Africans and Arabs are the ones who still do it today, when the rest of the world has moved on.

So the multiple wars and invasions by non-African and Arab countries today are all a phantom?
Original post by WBZ144
Her point is valid, regardless of your whatabouttery. You want to talk about how violent that Blacks are by quoting stats, yet when someone makes the point that non-Blacks have committed violence on a mass scale, it's wrong.

Not even non-Blacks, actually, just Whites. It would be OK if we were only referring to Arabs and East Asians.And it's not just historical, these wars are still being waged to day. Are you saying that non-Blacks used to be more violent but have "evolved"?

You're obviously a hysterical person when it comes to discussing race, otherwise you wouldn't be so blind to the underlying point of this entire thread.

The Black Lives Matter Movement is concerned with the mistreatment of blacks in the United States and worldwide. According to their own sources, black people are disproportionately involved in the criminal justice system and more likely to be shot by a law enforcement officer. However, the reason why I created this thread was dispel the myth that the Black Lives Matter movement is rallying against a set of injustices which inhibit the success of the black community.

If you want to hold a prejudice against all white people because western governments involve themselves in international warfare on a scale much greater than other countries, then you are no better than the far-right who hold an underlying bigotry against minorities for their disproportionate involvement in crime and disorder. The point of my post was not to berate the black community. However, how can you dismiss cogent and systemic research contradicting the Black Lives Matter movement when it shows their narrative to be unfounded and refutable? If you disagree, fine - but at least give me an argument as oppose to the a load of buzzwords and false accusations.

Even so, the Rwandan Genocide, The Sudanese Wars, The Congo War and The Nigerian Civil War have all been responsible for the deaths of over ten million people in the last century alone.
Reply 37
Original post by WBZ144
It still does not compare with regards to the body count and destruction that resulted from these wars.
Good try, but not good enough!

It doesn't matter whether it is a few (Nation's 'army') killing many civilians or one on one black on black killings as part of a turf gang war. Statistically, there is a cultural mindset that seems to make non-whites disproportionately more likely to shoot or butcher fellow citizens of the same ethicity.
You're obviously a hysterical person when it comes to discussing race, otherwise you wouldn't be so blind to the underlying point of this entire thread.

The Black Lives Matter Movement is concerned with the mistreatment of blacks in the United States and worldwide. According to their own sources, black people are disproportionately involved in the criminal justice system and more likely to be shot by a law enforcement officer. However, the reason why I created this thread was dispel the myth that the Black Lives Matter movement is rallying against a set of injustices which inhibit the success of the black community.

If you want to hold a prejudice against all white people because western governments involve themselves in international warfare on a scale much greater than other countries, then you are no better than the far-right who hold an underlying bigotry against minorities for their disproportionate involvement in crime and disorder. The point of my post was not to berate the black community. However, how can you dismiss cogent and systemic research contradicting the Black Lives Matter movement when it shows their narrative to be unfounded and refutable? If you disagree, fine - but at least give me an argument as oppose to the a load of buzzwords and false accusations.

Even so, the Rwandan Genocide, The Sudanese Wars, The Congo War and The Nigerian Civil War have all been responsible for the deaths of over ten million people in the last century alone.

Even those genocides and wars do not compare to the ones that have been committed by individual non-Black races in terms of body count and destruction, as I said. You can justify racism towards Blacks by quoting stats showing and attempting to prove that we are more violent and less intelligent, but when we call you out on your BS, thinly-veiled agenda and make the point that the same can apply to non-Blacks in order to "prove" that they are more violent, I am "hysterical" and want to blame Whites.

Perhaps if you stopped being so hypocritical, your threads would look more balanced. If you "analysed" the data that you use to prove that Muslims are intolerant or that Blacks are violent and unintelligent as you did with the data which showed racism among Trump supporters, it would be easier to take you seriously.
Original post by viffer
Good try, but not good enough!

It doesn't matter whether it is a few (Nation's 'army') killing many civilians or one on one black on black killings as part of a turf gang war. Statistically, there is a cultural mindset that seems to make non-whites disproportionately more likely to shoot or butcher fellow citizens of the same ethicity.

So it's worse to kill those of your own ethnicity than it is to kill "others", even though the killing is being done on a greater scale?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending