The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Piercing ears for women to wear earrings and piercing the body:
https://youtu.be/jjaR0TeIZWI

This might help. I would not recommend other body parts apart from ears and nose.

Thanks, this was really clear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2341
Original post by HAnwar
Thanks, this was really clear!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am glad to know :h: you're welcome.
Reply 2345
Some crazy people on tsr :lol:
Original post by IdeasForLife
We always get a new resident troll every few months :tongue:

I am not a troll though :/
Hi everyone,

This is just a quick note to clarify that this thread is intended to be all-inclusive so please be sure to be welcoming and friendly to all the members within this thread, whether there are differences of belief, opinion or anything else.

Any hateful or derogatory comments will be removed and dealt with as appropriate, though I hope that isn't something we ever have to do.

Have a lovely Thursday,
QC
Original post by Queen Cersei
Hi everyone,

This is just a quick note to clarify that this thread is intended to be all-inclusive so please be sure to be welcoming and friendly to all the members within this thread, whether there are differences of belief, opinion or anything else.

Even if they troll?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

Any hateful or derogatory comments will be removed and dealt with as appropriate, though I hope that isn't something we ever have to do.

Have a lovely Thursday,
QC

With all due respect, I would have hoped that you and the team would do better dealing with the rife trolling (not just here but the entire website) rather than trying to lay the blame on the community dealing with them.

*Knowing tsr this post will be deleted/carded rather than actual troll posts.
Original post by Enginerd.
Even if they troll?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Al-farhan
With all due respect, I would have hoped that you and the team would do better dealing with the rife trolling (not just here but the entire website) rather than trying to lay the blame on the community dealing with them.

*Knowing tsr this post will be deleted/carded rather than actual troll posts.

if someone is trolling and disrupting a thread, please give us a shout via the report queue and explain the problem clearly and we can put a stop to it and remove the posts- we can only act on the feedback we receive (e.g. the post above). Our aim to make sure the community in this thread are all happy and feel included and we need your help in maintaining that by letting us know if someone is trolling :smile:
Hi everyone,

Have a lovely Thursday,
QC

Hello, with all due respect I think we are welcoming and friendly to most people. But if people quote videos of little Muslim girls injured in hospital with proclamations of "long live Assad" to show their joy at such a scene, I don't see why we should tolerate such an opinion or any similar opinions uttered by the same individual in future.

I gave the above example because I'm assuming you made your post because of me. I got a post removed where I quoted someone, the same someone who mocked the little girl in hospital, where they argued that they supported Bashar and it was a 'difference of opinion' and my response to them wasn't too kind. The timing of my post's removal correlates with your post appearing so I think you made it because of our argument.

I fully respect the work the moderator team does and I'm not going to complain about my post being removed. But how can you expect us to tolerate such a person as the one I described above? It's similar to asking the Jewish society to accept a neo-nazi.

I hope you have a great day too!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AlifunArnab
Hello, with all due respect I think we are welcoming and friendly to most people. But if people quote videos of little Muslim girls injured in hospital with proclamations of "long live Assad" to show their joy at such a scene, I don't see why we should tolerate such an opinion or any similar opinions uttered by the same individual in future.

I gave the above example because I'm assuming you made your post because of me. I got a post removed where I quoted someone, the same someone who mocked the little girl in hospital, where they argued that they supported Bashar and it was a 'difference of opinion' and my response to them wasn't too kind. The timing of my post's removal correlates with your post appearing so I think you made it because of our argument.

I fully respect the work the moderator team does and I'm not going to complain about my post being removed. But how can you expect us to tolerate such a person as the one I described above? It's similar to asking the Jewish society to accept a neo-nazi.

Apparently it is not welcoming to request someone to show simple human decency.

Hi there AlifunArnab,

I'm afraid you might have gotten the wrong end of the stick as I actually have no knowledge of your post being removed (we have a number of people moderating so I'm not aware of all modding actions!) and my post wasn't aimed at you at all! It was just a general thing as a few members have mentioned feeling a bit excluded, it certainly wasn't designed to target an individual :smile: I think the post appearing might have just been a coincidence :P

I'm not sure if you saw my most recent post, but if you do see a post that is inappropriate or a member is trolling the society please just let me know by sending in a report- you can always flag for my attention in the report queue and it will get highlighted to me! Hope that helps :biggrin:
Hi there AlifunArnab,

I'm afraid you might have gotten the wrong end of the stick as I actually have no knowledge of your post being removed (we have a number of people moderating so I'm not aware of all modding actions!) and my post wasn't aimed at you at all! It was just a general thing as a few members have mentioned feeling a bit excluded, it certainly wasn't designed to target an individual :smile: I think the post appearing might have just been a coincidence :P

I'm not sure if you saw my most recent post, but if you do see a post that is inappropriate or a member is trolling the society please just let me know by sending in a report- you can always flag for my attention in the report queue and it will get highlighted to me! Hope that helps :biggrin:

I see. Sorry for my wrong assumption, the content of my argument with the other user and your post just seemed to match soo much but I guess I was wrong. Oh no, I know different CT members take turns to answer reports, I thought you might've removed that one on your 'shift'. But nevermind.

I saw that, I have no problems with reporting. The moderators tend to remove troll posts sooner or later.

I'm a bit confused then, no one else has really argued over any other serious issue in the past 3 weeks. Can I ask why then we're receiving a reminder to be welcoming and accepting? It seems a bit random and out of the blue.
(edited 7 years ago)
I see. Sorry for my wrong assumption, the content of my argument with the other user and your post just seemed to match soo much but I guess I was wrong. Oh no, I know different CT members take turns to answer reports, I thought you might've removed that one on your 'shift'.

I saw that, I have no problems with reporting. The moderators tend to remove troll posts sooner or later.

I'm a bit confused then, no one else has argued over anything serious in the past 3 weeks. Can I ask why then we're receiving a reminder to be welcoming and accepting? It seems a bit random and out of the blue.

I can see what you mean that it might seem a bit out of the blue as it was actually feedback we got a while back but due to a bug in the report system it got marked as being dealt with even though it hadn't been so was only picked up the other day- my post was just a quick reminder in general which is good to have it there for new members joining though I'm glad to hear that there hasn't been anything problematic over the last few weeks :smile:
I can see what you mean that it might seem a bit out of the blue as it was actually feedback we got a while back but due to a bug in the report system it got marked as being dealt with even though it hadn't been so was only picked up the other day- my post was just a quick reminder in general which is good to have it there for new members joining though I'm glad to hear that there hasn't been anything problematic over the last few weeks :smile:

Oh I see, fair enough. Well a particularly problematic member hasn't posted in recent weeks so there have been no other major arguments. We'll try to keep it that way. Sorry for any hassle :hat2:
Original post by Al-farhan

Asalaamualaykum bro, how are things?
Hi everyone,

Have a lovely Thursday,
QC

:hi:
[SCROLL]:bl:[/SCROLL]

Latest

Trending

Trending